We are a Congregation
creating a better world by nurturing the heart and expanding the mind.
We provide a safe, caring community where all can freely explore diverse religious thought.
We work for justice and equality with the power of compassion and compassionate power.
If you would like to receive our monthly newsletter
Give the ones you love
wings to fly,
roots to come back
and reasons to stay.
~ Dalai Lama
Sunday, June 16 - Rev. Beth Marshall
Pamela Hendrick, c
"Roots Hold Me Close, Wings Set Me Free"
Guided by Rev. Norbert Capek's vision and writings for his original Flower Service in 1923, this morning we will celebrate both individual gifts and responsibility to the larger community.
As part of the celebration, everyone is invited to bring with them a flower or twig to contribute to our shared bouquet.
We will also hold a Child Dedication
and honor Fathers on this special Sunday.
All Congregation Service
Children and Youth remain in the sanctuary with families. Nursery care for infants through age 4 is available.
Join Us for a Farewell Concert
with Susan Holmes-Glazier & Friends!
Benefit for UUCGT
(freewill offering at the door)
We are saddened that Susan will be leaving UUCGT in August
and wish her and her family the very best!
UUCGT Bulletin Board
UUCGT Financial Summary as of May 31, 2019
- click here
UUCGT Ice Cream Social
Sunday, June 16 ~
after the Service
Rev. Beth is @ UUCGT through June 23
Tuesday, June 18, 1:00-3:00 PM -
Open Office Hours
Thursday, June 20, 12 noon - Brown Bag Lunch & Conversation
Friday, June 21, 10:00 AM - UU Class
Sunday, June 23, 9:00 AM - Adult RE Class with Tony Wilgus
Sunday, June 23 Service, 10:30 AM - "The Edge of What We Know"
Rev. Beth's last week with UUCGT will be July 12 - 21
STOP....and Smell the Roses ~
Open Garden Celebration!
Year Anniversary! Sunday, June 30, 3:00 - 6:00 pm
Bring a vase, stroll the gardens, cut your own bouquet!
Enjoy light refreshments & good company in Karl's Gazebo
6351 Cherry Blossom Drive
contact Lauren Keinath, 342-0617
UUCGT SUMMER POTLUCKS
Wednesdays @ 5:30 PM
June 19 - Potluck at Sandra & Mike McDonald's
June 26 - Potluck at UUCGT
Watch the Flash for July & August
(No Potluck on Wednesday, July 3 or July 31)
Please bring your own table service & beverages
We hope to see you there!
New Bills Add LGBTQ Protections to
Michigan's Elliot Larsen Civil Rights Act
Together we can do great things
Emmy Lou Cholak, Co-Chair UU Social Justice
Traverse City's official LGBTQ+ Pride Celebration is June 17-23!
This marks the 6th year of celebration with a continued mission of making the region a more diverse, inclusive and safe place for everyone
! Pride March !
Saturday, June 22
Rally at 5:30 pm
Traverse City's F & M Park (map
Join UUers for the Pride March
Look for the UUCGT banner and our Welcome flag!
Gather at the Pride Picnic in F & M Park at 5:30 pm for a rally, then march down Front Street to the Open Space for a family-friendly Visibility Celebration.
Up North Pride's week-long lineup of festivities varies with options of entertainment, food and drink, live performances plus more--and the majority are free to the public or a suggested donation. Check out highlights, events and additional details at:
UUCGT Calendar of Events
- Peacemakers Needlework: Thursdays, 1:30pm, social hall
- Parent's Night Out! Friday, June 14, 5:30 - 9:00pm, all building
- SokukoJi Meditation Retreat: Saturday, June 15, 9:00 - 4:00pm, sanctuary
$40 suggestion donation -
Everyone is welcome
- Adult RE Class with Tony Wilgus: Sunday, June 16, 9:00am, social hall
- UUCGT Ice Cream Social! Sunday, June 16 after the service - everyone is welcome to attend!
- "Branching Out" Farewell Concert with Susan Holmes-Glazier & Friends: Sunday, June 16, 5:00 pm @ UUCGT. Folk/Americana music - benefit concert for UUCGT, freewill offering at door
- Mindfulness Meditation: Sunday, June 16, 5:00 - 7:00 pm, meditation room.
for more information
- Stretch & Strengthen: Monday & Wednesday @ 11:00a.m.
Everyone is Welcome!
- SokukoJi Buddhist Community Meditation: Tuesday, June 18, 6:30-8:30pm, meditation room
- Sunday Services Committee: Wednesday, June 19, 12:00noon, library Bring a lunch!
- Wednesday Summer Potluck: 5:30pm, June 19 @ Sandra & Mike McDonald's - Bring a dish to share and table service. Everyone is Welcome!
- Brown Bag Lunch w/ Rev. Beth: Thursday, June 20, 12:00noon, social hall
- Congregational Care Team: Thursday, June 20, 1:00pm, library
- Meditation Intro & Workshop: Thursday, June 20, 4:00 & 5:30pm, meditation room
- UU Class with Rev.Beth: Friday, June 21, 10:00am, social hall
- Up North PRIDE Rally & March: Saturday, June 22, 5:30pm, meet @ F&M Park, march downtown TC to Open Space - Look for the UUCGT Flag!
See if this doesn't make you smile...just a little bit
UUCGT office hours
day - Thursday
9:00 am - 3:00 pm