We are a Congregation
creating a better world by nurturing the heart and expanding the mind.
We provide a safe, caring community where all can freely explore diverse religious thought.
We work for justice and equality with the power of compassion and compassionate power.
If you would like to receive our monthly newsletter
Sunday, July 7
"A Tribute to Mary Oliver"
Coordinators - Karen Casebeer, Nancy Doughty, A
Beloved poet Mary Oliver has written poems that touch our hearts.
She passed away this year and we will hold a service commemorating her amazing body of work.
Children & Youth Religious Education
On Sunday, July 7 we begin our Summer RE Program for PreK-5th grade and Youth (5th-8th grade), and we plan to be outside as much as possible!
Children are asked to come directly to the RE classroom when they arrive.
Over the summer we will begin every week with a Mindfulness Practice as a grounding space to center ourselves, using books and activities from Thich Nhat Hanh. This Sunday we will focus on building a foundation for our weekly Mindfulness Practice. As the summer continues we will follow our practice with nature-based and social justice projects.
Nursery care for infants
age 4 is also offered.
UUCGT Celebration of Life for Peg Kauffman
Saturday, July 13 - 3:00 PM
Friends, let us join together to honor Peg Kauffman and share our memories, experiences, observations and stories.
Rev. Beth Marshall will lead us along a loving path as we recall what Peg meant to us, to her community, to her church. Cookies and lemonade to enjoy following the service.
- Healthy Congregations Opportunity -
Our UUCGT Board is exploring the formation of a Healthy Congregations practice within UUCGT for the next few months. The basic idea is that conflict is normal within a group of two or more people, and that when we have tools to help us listen well in these situations, we move toward each other rather than apart. And there are also natural benefits at home and in our greater community from learning these practices.
Rev Beth's husband, Tony Wilgus is very experienced in this practice within UU and will be available after service on July 14 for an informal Q&A about developing a Healthy Congregations practice -- what it is, what the practice might look like, the role of a Healthy Congregation team, benefits and challenges, etc.
Board member contacts for the Healthy Congregations exploration are Barb Termaat and Mary Anne Rivers. Let us know if you'd like to join us in exploring this opportunity, and then help share what we learn and recommend with our beloved community!
UUCGT Bulletin Board
Rev. Beth's final week with UUCGT is July 11 - 21
Rev. Beth will speak on Sunday, July 14 & July 21
Open Office Hours, Tuesday, July 16, 1:00-3:00pm
Sunday, July 14 & 21 - 9:00 am c
lass with Tony Wilgus
Topic "Miles Before I Sleep" Part 1 & 2
Healthy Congregations Q&A w/ Tony Wilgus
unday, July 14 after service
UUCGT July Board Meeting changed to Wednesday July 17 @ 7:00pm.
August meeting - Wed, August 21 @ 7:00pm
Basement Giveaway is Happening!
Volunteers needed July 17, 18 & 19
Contact Jolynn Paige to help!
Wednesday, July 17, 3:30pm
- set-up tables, carry items up to social hall. Many hands & feet will make this easier!
Thursday, July 18, 9:00am-1:00pm
- Giveaway for UU members & friends - Volunteers needed to help organize/supervise - donation jar available
Friday, July 19, 9:00am-1:00pm
- Public giveaway - Volunteers needed to help organize/supervise - donation jar available.
Remaining items will go to Goodwill
Please note we are
soliciting any additional items for this Basement Giveaway - We are simply cleaning out the UUCGT basement - Thanks!
Attention: Entry doors have been left open numerous times.
Please be certain doors are locked upon leaving the building. Help keep our beautiful building secure.
Sound Technicians needed to help with sound on Sunday mornings as well as special events:
Volunteer training -
Contact Price Watts or Lauren Keinath if you are interested
UUCGT SUMMER POTLUCKS
Wednesdays @ 5:30 PM
July 10 - Hosted by Cindy & Bob Clement
BYOB, a dish to share & table service
Watch for July & August locations
UU 1st Principle: We are grateful for and have
respect for all human life and quality of living.
Join the UUA and others to be ready to assist those targeted by ICE raids in the coming weeks. See resources listed below:
Be prepared to help our neighbors and friends.
To know what to do to assist, please become familiar with this website:
UUCGT Social Justice Action Team
Emmy Lou Cholak, co-chair
Together we can do great things!
UUCGT Calendar of Events
- Happy 4th of July Everyone! UU office will be closed for the holiday
- Mindfulness Meditation: Sunday, July 7, 2:30-6:30pm, sanctuary - s
for more information
- Stretch & Strengthen: Monday & Wednesday @ 11:00a.m.
Everyone is Welcome!
- Indivisible GT Steering Committee: Monday, July 8, 1:00pm, library
- UU Men's Group: Monday, July 8, 5:30pm @ Minerva's - articles in entry
- SokukoJi Buddhist Community Meditation: Tuesday, July 9, 6:30-8:30pm, meditation room. See
for more information
- Death Cafe: Wednesday, July 10, 1:00pm, sanctuary
- Wednesday Potluck Supper! Wednesday, July 10, 5:30pm @ Cindy & Bob Clement's - bring a dish to pass & table settings. Relax into summer with UU friends!
- Rev. Beth @ UUCGT July 11-21 - Open Office Hours on Tuesday, July 16 1:00-3:00pm
- Shantideva Fan Club: Thursday, July 11, 9:30am, sanctuary
- Vocal Ensemble: Thursday, July 11, 7:00pm, sanctuary
- Facilities Team: Friday, July 12, 10:00am, social hall
- Singing Sisters: Saturday, July 13, 10:00am-2:00pm, sanctuary
- UUCGT Friends Celebrate the Life of Peg Kauffman: Saturday, July 13, 3:00pm, sanctuary
- Program Council: Sunday, July 14, 9:00am, social hall
- Class w/ Tony Wilgus "Miles Before I Sleep" Part I, Sunday, July 14, 9:00am, sanctuary
- Rev. Beth Marshall will speak at UUCGT on Sunday, July 14 and July 21
- Healthy Congregations Q&A with Tony Wilgus, Sunday, July 14, after service, sanctuary
I see or hear something
more or less
kills me with delight,
that leaves me like a needle in the haystack of light.
~ Mary Oliver
UUCGT office hours
day - Thursday
9:00 am - 3:00 pm