We are a Congregation
creating a better world by nurturing the heart and expanding the mind.
We provide a safe, caring community where all can freely explore diverse religious thought.
We work for justice and equality with the power of compassion and compassionate power.
If you would like to receive our monthly newsletter
Music happens to be an art form
that transcends language.
The Spirit of Jazz
is the Spirit of Openness...
- Herbie Hancock
American pianist, keyboardist, bandleader, composer, actor
Sunday, June 9 - Rev. Jane Lippert
Richard Miller, c
Jazz music offers an underlying theme with space for spontaneity and improvisation. What about Jazz speaks to our faith and our community?
Children and Youth Programs this Sunday
PreK-5th grade and Youth (5th-8th grade) programs, and Nursery care for infants through age 4 are available.
Children please remain in the sanctuary until after Children's Benediction.
UUA GENERAL ASSEMBLY
June 19 - 23
Jerry Schatz and Barb Conley are Member Delegates representing UUCGT at the UUA General Assembly in Spokane, WA.
Request to UUCGT Members: Please review draft
UUA Statement of Conscience
and send any comments or concerns regarding this document, the General Assembly
or UUA governance to Jerry or Barb before June 12. Their contact information is available in the directory.
Thank you for your interest and support of UUCGT
at the UUA General Assembly!
UUCGT SUMMER POTLUCKS ARE BACK!
Wednesdays @ 5:30 PM
June 12 - Potluck at UUCGT
June 19 - Potluck at Sandra & Mike McDonald's
June 26 - Potluck at UUCGT
Potlucks in July & August are held at member's homes
Please bring your own table service & beverages
We hope to see you soon!
UUCGT Bulletin Board
PLEASE NOTE: UUCGT Office will be closed Monday & Tuesday, June 10 and 11. Staff will be working on year-end administrative projects. E
mergency calls only please ~
Freebie Table! Check out the Lost & Found & Freebies Table in the social hall! Welcome your 'things' back home!
UUCGT Ice Cream Social!
Sunday, June 16 ~
after the Service
STOP....and Smell the Roses!
Open Garden Celebration
Year Anniversary! Sunday, June 30, 3:00 - 6:00 pm
Bring a vase, stroll the gardens, cut your own bouquet!
Enjoy light refreshments & good company in Karl's Gazebo
6351 Cherry Blossom Drive
contact Lauren Keinath, 342-0617
Commit to #WearOrange on June 7 for
National Gun Violence Prevention Day
Friday, June 7 - marks
National Gun Violence Prevention Day
#WearOrange movement with fellow gun violence prevention organizations to honor all those we have lost, and continue to push for the changes this country needs.
* * * * * * * *
Together we can do great things
Emmy Lou Cholak, Co-Chair UU Social Justice
Traverse City's official LGBTQ+ Pride Celebration is taking place
June 17 - 23
downtown Traverse City.
This marks the 6th year of the celebration, with a continued mission of making the region a more diverse, inclusive and safe place for everyone.
Saturday, June 22
Rally at 5:30 pm
Traverse City's F & M Park (map
Look for the UUCGT banner and our Welcome flag!
Join UUers for the Pride March
Gather at the Pride Picnic in F & M Park at 5:30 pm for a rally, then march down Front Street to the Open Space for a family-friendly Visibility Celebration.
Up North Pride's week-long lineup of festivities varies with options of entertainment, food and drink, live performances plus more--and the majority are free to the public or a suggested donation. Check out highlights, events and additional details at:
UUCGT Calendar of Events
- Congregational Care Team: Thursday, June 6, 1:00pm, library
- Peacemakers Needlework: Thursdays, 1:30pm, social hall
- Mindfulness Meditation: Sunday, June 9, 5:00 - 7:00 pm, sanctuary.
for more information
- UU Office will be closed Monday & Tuesday, June 10 & 11. Staff will be working on year-end administrative tasks. Emergency calls only, please. Thanks!
- Stretch & Strengthen: Monday & Wednesday @ 11:00a.m.
Everyone is Welcome!
- Indivisible Team meeting, Monday, June 10, 3:00pm, library
- POM II HOA meeting: Monday, June 10, 7:00pm, sanctuary/social hall
- SokukoJi Buddhist Community Meditation: Tuesday, June 11, 6:30-8:30pm, meditation room
- Death Cafe: Wednesday, June 12, 1:00pm, sanctuary
- Wednesday Summer Potluck @ UUCGT! June 12, 5:30pm - Bring a dish to share and table service - Everyone is Welcome!
- Shantideva Fan Club: Thursday, June 13, 9:30am, sanctuary
- Parent's Night Out! Friday, June 14, 5:30 - 9:00pm, all building
- SokukoJi Meditation Retreat: Saturday, June 15, 9:00 - 4:00pm, sanctuary
$40 suggestion donation -
Everyone is welcome
In a forest of a hundred thousand trees,
no two leaves are alike.
And no two journeys along the same path are alike.
- Paulo Coelho -
UUCGT office hours
day - Thursday
9:00 am - 3:00 pm