We continue to assemble resources and information for the business community regarding COVID-19. Please visit
for a complete list of business resources and send any questions to
NEW: Please see a new section at the end of this email for active requests for resources to help during this crisis. This section will be repeated until needs are met. Please send needs to
US House of Representatives Approves COVID Relief Bill
This afternoon the US House of Representatives approved the relief bill previously approved by the US Senate. We will start digging into the details and distribute information as soon as possible.
More SBA Webinars Next Week
Illinois SBA has scheduled more webinars for next week to help businesses understand the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program. The webinars are free but “sell out” fast due to limited capacity for an on-line meeting. Click one of the dates below to be taken to the registration page for that session.
IDES Improving Unemployment Filing System
The Illinois unemployment filing system has been inundated with claims over the past few weeks. To address this, IDES is making a variety of improvements. In addition, IDES has staggered days and times for people to file on-line or via the help desk line:
Online Filing Schedule:
- Those with last names beginning with letters A-M will be asked to file their claims on Sundays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays.
- Those with last names beginning with letters N-Z will be asked to file their claims on Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays.
- Saturdays will be available for anyone to accommodate those who could not file during their allotted window.
Call Center Filing Schedule:
- Those with last names beginning with letters A-M will be asked to call on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 7:30am – 6pm.
- Those with last names beginning with letters N-Z will be asked to call on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7:30am – 6pm.
- Fridays (7:30am – 6pm) will be available for anyone to accommodate those who could not file during their allotted window.
City of Peoria COVID Resources
The City of Peoria Economic Development Department has created a web resource for COVID related information and programs
Curbside/Carryout Alcohol Sales
The City of Peoria has published guidance for liquor license holders
AAIM Morning Briefing on HR and COVID
AAIM Employers’ Association has been hosting a 30-minute conference call each weekday morning to share information regarding human resources concerns amidst the COVID pandemic. They also take questions from listeners. The call is free and happens 7:30 - 8:00 am each weekday morning. To register or listen to previous recordings, go
UnityPoint is seeking personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies. They are als in search of medical personnel to help them prepare in the event that there is an influx of sick patients. Information
OSF seeking personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and other supplies. Information
Peoria Innovation Alliance:
PIA is gathering the maker community to discuss ways individuals and small companies can make supplies like masks. Information
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council