August 16, 2019
9:00 to 3:00; Registration will open at 8:30
ESC of Lake Erie West, 2275 Collingwood Blvd., Toledo, OH 43620
administrators, teachers, speech therapists, paraprofessionals and support staff
$150 for member districts and sponsored community schools; $180 dollars for non-member districts and community schools not sponsored by the ESC of Lake Erie West. Lunch is included in registration fee.
- Describe how Unique Learning System addresses the educational standards in your state
- Review the additional resources available to support the success of Unique Learning System (e.g. Instructional Tools, Guides, n2y Library, Core Materials Transition Passport)
- Compare the common assessments within Goals, Preferences and Skills
- Identify how data is used to inform instruction and celebrate successes while addressing IEP goals and objectives
- Formulate a plan to utilize detailed, standards-based lesson plans and differentiated, interactive activities to engage all students
- Manage the individualized learning experience
- Distinguish how SymbolStix PRIME, News-2-You, L3 and PD complement the standards based curriculum (if applicable)
Participants should bring a fully charged laptop to the training.
Before attending, all participants should:
- Complete the complimentary Foundations Course - a brief, high-level overview of the system and all the components of n2y products. To begin, create an account, log in to your account, select My Account and then Professional Development.
- Complete the Teacher Dashboard. This will customize the teacher's schedule with the Suggested monthly plan to pull the materials needed day by day. This is a time-saving feature that will soon show the standards for each lesson as well as tracking daily scores and observation tracking on the students.
- Add the students to the Unique Learning System. Complete the students Observational Profile. This will determine the students differentiated level to inform the teachers of the standards-based materials to support the student's needs.
- Review the n2y GPS for the student - Unique Learning System data collection center designed to identify individual student Goals, Preferences, and Skills.
- Review the Monthly Checkpoints - a pre- and post-assessment of skills presented in each monthly unit to keep track of student progress.
- Review the Benchmarks - modified performance tools that provide data on selected skill areas. Baseline data is generated from each assessment that can be compared to monitor growth over time.
A contact hour certificate will be provided to participants.