As always, if someone is in need of social services, we recommend they contact 211 either by phone (865-215-4211) or online (
). United Way Worldwide has a strong relationship with 211, and the organization will keep us updated on any extra assistance from 211 that may be activated in the future. As of now, 211 is operating normally.
Blount County Community Action Agency
, including the
Office on Aging
, is closed to the public but still operating until told otherwise. No walk-in traffic is allowed; however, staff will all be available by phone or email. (Numbers listed below.) Email is preferred.
providing home visits to the elderly and disabled in the community. Instead of home visits, “Phone Visits” are being held. After completion of an application over the phone, a Home Visitor will arrange to collect the necessary documents from clients, using specific protocols regarding social distancing and other precautions.
SMiles Transportation Program
has cancelled all rides from March 23
thru March 31
. Future trips will depend on the current status of the outbreak in our area. Staff will maintain phone contact with SMiles volunteers and members, assessing needs and offering available resources and reassurance when needed.
Joani Shaver Linda Crawford, Manager Teresa O’Mary,
Blount Co. Office on Aging SMiles Transportation Savings CheckUp Program
983-8411 x25 724-1331 724-1219
Century Harvest Farms Foundation
is offering food assistance and other supports to individuals who are coming home from incarceration and/or are in recovery from substance use disorder.
Nutrient dense food boxes will be available free of charge to those individuals served through recovery courts and substance use recovery programs. Additional supports, as identified by primary agencies will be provided as prioritized such as transportation, clothing and childcare. Workforce Development Programming has been postponed until May 4th. CHFF will also have the Century Harvest Box that contains customizable selections of our grass fed beef available for purchase to the general public.
Century Harvest Farms (865) 229-2164
7085 Morganton Rd. email@example.com
Greenback, TN 37742
Chilhowee Baptist Center
will remain open our normal hours, Monday Thru Thursday, 9am till 3pm. We will distribute prepackaged food items with pickup of food at the front counter. We will stop our clothing distribution till further notice. We will also begin food distribution at several of our church locations throughout Blount County to help ensure food is available for families with minimal travel. Our first distribution will be from Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, 910 Walker School Road, Maryville TN 37803 on March 25th from 10am till noon. The second distribution will be at Bethel Baptist Church 132 Bethel Church Rd, Townsend TN 37882 on March 26th from 10am till noon. We will follow with at least 2 more distributions during the following week with locations still to be determined.
CROSS Food Ministry
continues to operate under normal hours: M-W 10-2, Th-F 10-12. The CROSS service area includes the northern portion of Blount County (portions of Wildwood, Ellejoy, and a little corner of Walland). Please see the link below for the service Area.
The Department of Human Services
is still providing Vocational Rehabilitation services and Independent Living services. Although most personnel are utilizing Alternative Work Solutions and working from home, clients are still being served by appointment. Intakes can be taken over the phone if necessary. Sign language interpreting services are still being provided by the six Communication Centers around the State, but offices are closed to the public.
The East Tennessee Kidney Foundation
is still operating services for transportation and dental work needed for transplant waiting list placement at full capacity, with no changes. We will not be scheduling any early kidney disease screenings any time soon, due to COVID-19 concerns.
Helen Ross McNabb Center of Blount County
remains open, continuing to serve the mental health, addiction, and social service needs in our community. Please call us at (865-681-6990) if you are:
- Seeking care, but have questions or concerns
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, and are still in need of behavioral health care options.
Louisville Christian Assistance Center
is continuing to provide emergency food assistance as often as every 2 weeks to residents of Blount County. We are only providing drive-up food assistance and clients are not allowed inside the Center for shopping. Our hours are currently 9 am to Noon on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. New clients must complete a new client contact form and all clients must provide a picture ID for verification.
The Maryville-Alcoa-Blount County Parks and Recreation Commission
values the health and safety of our community and staff, especially at this time when Coronavirus (COVID-19) is of great concern. It is important to keep our community informed on current procedures to address this concern, especially in regard to public facilities and gathering areas. In accordance with CDC recommendations, and to follow guidelines shared by the joint governments of Blount County, here is what we are doing to take extra precautions in an effort to help reduce the spread of the virus in our area:
- Effective immediately, all recreation centers and the Everett Senior Center will be closed until further notice. Staff will continually monitor the situation and recommended guidelines to determine a possible reopening schedule. (This applies to the Martin Luther King Jr. Center, Springbrook Recreation Center. Everett Recreation Center, and Everett Senior Center)
- Pavilion rentals will be handled on a case by case basis. If you have a rental scheduled prior to May 15, please call our office (865-983-9244) for possible rescheduling.
- For a minimum of four (4) weeks, programs and events will be postponed, rescheduled, or canceled, and those already registered will be notified.
- Information on athletic activities is updated on our website (www.parksrec.com), and communicated through our staff and coaches.
- Upcoming events for the next four (4) weeks, including festivals and road races, will be postponed or canceled. Please check the Parks & Rec website or call our office for details on specific event schedules.
- During this time, we will be cleaning all facilities and continuing park upkeep, especially in high use areas.
- Our parks are open, and we encourage you to get outside to enjoy fresh air– even as you practice good social distancing. Please be vigilant in protecting yourself and others. We have a fun spring & summer planned, and we want to help you stay healthy so you can enjoy it!
The Salvation Army Serving Blount County
- Phone service available at 981-7135. If you get voicemail, please leave a message as we respond to all messages. Our 314 W. Broadway Ave office is closed, but we will provide appointment information to clients directly on the phone.
- Friday lunches are being served on a take-out basis (drive-thru for vehicles, walk or bike-up for those without vehicles) from 11 a.m. to noon at Broadway UMC 309 E. Broadway Ave, Maryville, TN. Drivers should park in the top lot where they will receive drive-thru instruction.