Company Updates - COVID-19 Response
As summer is quickly turning into fall, and COVID-19 is still the talk of the town, we want to update you on our new procedures. Note, as everything is constantly evolving, so is Earth Elements®. The health of our clients and employees is of the utmost importance and we intend on treating it that way. For that reason, we ask that you kindly follow the guidelines outlined below:
- All of our locations are functioning by appointment only. This way, we can closely manage the traffic passing through the showroom.
- All of our employees will be wearing masks when moving around the showroom and in every client interaction that takes place. If you have scheduled an appointment, we ask that you also wear a face covering
- A 6FT social distancing guideline will be maintained. Our employees have rearranged as necessary so everyone is working at least 6FT away from the next person. Additionally, any appointments will be conducted while observing social distancing guidelines.
We have implemented sanitizing stations in multiple locations throughout our Design Resource Centers™ that we request you use frequently during your scheduled visit.
- All locations now have thermometer sensors which they will be using to track employee temperatures at the start and end of each day.
Up and Coming Products
This month, we are excited to be featuring some of our vendors who have come out with new products that are incredibly unique. These products have been given much time and thought by our vendors to stand out as one-of-a-kind in their divisions. To succeed in the home finishes sector, it takes a company who is innovative and willing to stretch the bounds of creativity. All of these companies are ones that we at Earth Elements® are proud to have a standing relationship with and we are thrilled to show you their latest and greatest offerings.
The custom program, Emtek Select Lever, that Emtek offers allows a level of customization that they have not ever had before. Homeowners can select from a variety of different lever grips, stem designs, rosettes, and finishes.
- 6 handle designs in 7 finishes
- 2 stem designs in 7 finishes
- Any style rosette in available finishes
- Includes 28 degree rotation latch
- Includes strike plate dust box
The coolest part of this program are their two new levers: White Marble and Straight Knurled. Their white marble offering is something that has not been produced much in the world of door hardware and especially at the quality that Emtek offers.
All Emtek orders are custom assembled in their Southern California facility, so homeowners can be sure that their fixtures will be a cut above in terms of craftsmanship and design. After almost 40 years in business, Emtek has a fierce understanding of market trends and therefore, they are always releasing new designs to satisfy any possible want for hardware.
Santa & Cole
Founded in 1985, Santa & Cole's owners began by creating exceptionally unique and hand-crafted products. They refer to the company as a "small, independent and global editor or design products." They have more that 80 designers on staff who are tasked with recreating what already exists in the market as well as creating entirely new products that showcase their recognizable touch of hand.
Recently, their Cestita Alubat and Cestita Batería have come back in stock. These funky little table lamps are quite possibly the perfect lamp. Not only does this creation by Miguel Milá have a lightweight structure, making it portable, but it is rated both for indoor and outdoor use. The Cestita collection is inspired by traditional lanterns that light up houses along the coast of Spain. As one of Spain's most renowned industrial designers, Miguel Milá has created an innovative fixture that combines function as well as the legacy of local artisan creation.
The Cestita plug-in can go in the home as a permanent feature, while the cordless version can also act as a migrating light source wherever it may be needed. Milá purports that this lamp is something that will likely never go out of style, going along with his notion that "If something goes out of style then it was poorly designed from the start."
A new kind of touchless faucet is here, and they’re not skimping on style!
Many touchless faucets have a sensor in the body of the fixture, others have a separate sensor on the wall near the faucet itself – this leaves many of us waving our hands around aggressively trying to simply wash the soap off . Times are changing, Gessi has incorporated the sensor into the very spout while holding true to their stunning design so you can have the benefits of touchless fixtures in your home or office without compromising on style.
Thanks to Gessi no-touch system, the beauty of the shape is pure and anti-fingerprint, achieving a better hygiene and avoiding possible damages to the tap.
For the first time, Gessi sensor taps bring the refined elegance of a sophisticated design in public space, where aesthetically simple electronic taps are used to be installed, providing endless finishings with the possibility to choose among a wide range of nuances never seen before. Splendid Gessi Sensor Taps suit also private environments, of course.
The sophisticated minimalism of the design by Gessi acquires an advanced technology that combines the beauty of the lines with the functionality of “no touch” electronics. The water supply doesn’t need to be handled or touched as it can be switched on by a movement as simple as the passage of the hand before the sensor. Gessi’s no-touch system is available in deck mount, wall mount, and even ceiling mount; let us help you incorporate functionality and style in your next project with Gessi!
QUALIFYING HOMEOWNERS CAN SAVE 10% ON A NEW SUB-ZERO REFRIGERATOR
From June 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020, qualifying owners can receive a 10% rebate when they replace their out-of-warranty Sub-Zero refrigerator with a new Classic series or PRO series model.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH:
Brioche and Ham Bird's Nest with Lemon Hollandaise
Makes 4 servings
2 large egg yolks (33 gram), at room temperature
1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup (114 grams) unsalted butter
Brioche Bird's Nests
4 slices brioche (224 grams), cut 1-inch thick
1-1/2 tablespoons (21 grams) unsalted butter
4 large eggs (200 grams)
1 small ham steak (8 ounces) (226 grams)
1 tablespoon (3 grams) roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Make the Hollandaise:
- Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne in a blender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter until it just begins to simmer. Remove from the heat, but keep warm.
Make the Brioche Bird's Nests:
- Using a 2-1/2-inch round cutter, cut out the middle of each brioche slice; discard or reserve middles for breadcrumbs.
- Heat the griddle to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Add butter, and brush over the surface of the griddles as it melts.
- Arrange brioche slices on the griddle. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Turn slices, and crack 1 egg into each brioche cavity. Cover the griddle and cook until egg whites are cooked but yolks are still runny, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Divide the bird's nests among 4 plates.
- Place ham steak on the griddle. Cook, turning once, until lightly browned and warmed through, about 6 minutes.
- While ham steak cooks, finish making hollandaise. With the blender running, slowly drizzle warm, melted butter into egg yolk mixture until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Remove ham steak from the griddle, and dice.
- Top each bird's nest with 2 ounces (57 grams) of diced ham. Drizzle hollandaise sauce over bird's nests. Sprinkle with parsley.
Variation: Sourdough with Avocado Bird's Nest
- Make as directed, omitting ham. Substitute jarred pickled chile brine (14 grams) for lemon juice and sourdough bread (320 grams) for brioche. Toast the bread for 8 minutes on the first side. Top bird's nests with avocado slices and pickled chiles.
"Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable." - William Pollard
-Earth Elements® Team-