Casa Grande, AZ (October 14, 2020) – Today, the (City) of Casa Grande continues its commitment to support the local economy by launching the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Reimbursement Program. This effort financially assists local businesses, federally recognized nonprofits and churches that have been negatively impacted by the pandemic and have purchased PPE to help contain the spread of COVID-19. In mid-August, the City launched CG CARES to extend reimbursement up to $10,000 to qualifying organizations. This latest round of support may potentially extend up to a one-time reimbursement of $2,500 to those who qualified for that program but didn’t max out at $10K and to others that didn’t qualify but, now, may under this new program. Home-based businesses are excluded from this program.
The qualifying expense period is for PPE purchases made between March 1, 2020 - September 30, 2020. To qualify, applicants MUST:
- Be located at a physical, commercial address within City of Casa Grande incorporated boundaries.
- Have obtained a 2020 Business License/City Transaction Privilege License before October 14, 2020.
- Include your Internal Revenue Service “Letter of Determination” declaring your tax-exempt status (if non-profit).
- Be current on all City accounts.
- Include qualifying itemized receipts dated March 1, 2020 - September 30, 2020 along with an itemized summary of PPE purchases with a total dollar amount.
When submitting, applicants must attach all supporting documentation to the application. If mailing or dropping off documents, a sealed envelope is required to safeguard personal information, and the envelope should be clearly labeled “PPE Reimbursement Program.” Contact information should also appear on front of the envelope. All submissions will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis along with the awarding of funding to qualifying organizations starting today through November 13, 2020 (4:00 p.m. - MST).