Dates/Times: Nov. 13-14, 2023, 9AM-5PM
Location: Lamar University, Beaumont, TX USA
*Also available virtual training*
Accreditation: 14 PDHs
Duration: 2 Days
This course is intended as an introduction to Facility Siting for advanced PSM practitioners.
The course includes modules regarding the following: Why do we do Facility siting, What is the Regulation?, How we do Facility Siting Analyses, How to Analyze Buildings, Identifying Scenarios, Types of consequences and the vulnerabilities of persons and buildings, What kinds of Software are available, Reporting a Facility Siting Study and Pitfalls of Facility Siting.
• Learn the different methods, both qualitative and quantitative, used to address facility siting concerns and their benefits and limitations
• Learn to identify hazardous scenarios that could affect occupied buildings
• Learn how facility siting study addresses spacing of process units; spacing between equipment and employees in occupied buildings and spacing between equipment and potential ignition sources
• Learn to analyze if your facility has vulnerable locations of control rooms or other occupied buildings and whether a building can provide shelter-in-place
Who Should Attend:
• PSM Coordinators and Managers
• Anyone who conducts or approves facility siting studies.
• Understanding of Process Hazard Analysis techniques
Click here for Course Agenda