Dear 10th Grade Families,
I am reaching out regarding two upcoming class events.
On Tuesday, May 7, we will be taking the 10th-grade class into Boston for an interactive advisory scavenger hunt. Students will explore the Copley area and work to complete a series of challenges and clues in their advisories. This trip is a culmination of a year-long advisory competition that has taken place during our Class Meeting time. We are excited to expand the experience and enjoy the city for a few hours.
FIELD TRIP LOGISTICS
- We will travel by bus to Boston. Students will attend their first-period double-block class as well as club block and then will board the buses.
- Once in Boston, we will have lunch as advisories and then begin the scavenger hunt.
- All students will return to Beaver by 2:15 p.m. in time for x-block.
- Beaver will provide a stipend for lunch. Please email me by May 3 if your student has an dietary concerns.
- All students should bring water bottles; Beaver does not provide bottled water.
- Below you will find an important note from the school nurse, Talia Ossowski about field trip medical information.
10th GRADE SOCIAL
On Friday, May 10, from 8:00-10:00 p.m. we will be hosting the 10th-grade social in the R+D Center outdoor courtyard. Snacks will be provided and we will have a variety of lawn games. As is the case for all of our events, students are expected to arrive within 15 minutes of the start of the event and stay until at least 9:45 p.m. They should be picked up no later than 10 p.m. In the event of rain, the social will be relocated to the Rogers Room.
Tickets are $10. Students will charge their tickets home in advance through their Student Council Grade Reps. Additionally, students are eligible to purchase tickets for two guests who are not members of the Beaver community. Guests must bring an identification card from their respective schools.
Please reach out to me with any questions.
Upper School English, Class of 2021 Grade Team Leader