UPCOMING TRAFFIC IMPACTS, DETOUR AT 64/264
Motorists should be aware of the following scheduled traffic impacts for work on the I-64/I-264 Interchange Improvements projects:
- Intermittent traffic stoppages lasting as long as 10 minutes on the I-264 east ramp to Newtown Road (Exit 15A) between 9 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31, and 5 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 1. As many as eight stoppages may occur.
- The I-64 west ramp to I-264 east (Exit 284B) will be closed during the evening and early morning hours for pavement work the weekend of Nov. 2-4. Detour signs will direct traffic to take the next exit (Exit 284A) and continue to ride the interchange cloverleaf ramps until they exit to I-264 east from I-64 east. This ramp detour is scheduled to be in place during the following times:
- 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 to 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 3
- 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3 to 9 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 4
- Newtown Road south will be closed at the I-264 overpass for as many as three weekends in November for sewer line replacement. A signed detour to Center Drive will be in place. The detour is scheduled to be in place during the following times:
- 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 5
- 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 12
- 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 19 (if necessary)
- Motorists should expect night-time single- and double-lane closures on the interstates when traveling through the project area.
Additionally, these local detours remain in place:
- Newtown Road south is closed at the I-264 overpass weeknights from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. until mid-November. A signed detour to Center Drive is in place.
- Center Drive: The left turn onto Center Drive from Newtown Road north is closed until mid-November for utility relocation work at Newtown Road. Motorists are also restricted from turning left out of Center Drive onto Newtown Road north. Signed detours are in place for both movements.