UPCOMING TRAFFIC IMPACTS, DETOUR AT 64/264
Motorists should be aware of the following scheduled traffic impacts:
- Beginning about 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 28, traffic on I-64 west will be slowed to approximately 15 mph and potentially stopped between the Greenbrier Parkway and I-264 interchanges for approximately 15 minutes for overhead sign work. Traffic will be restricted from entering I-64 west at Indian River Road during this operation. The operation may be repeated.
- The weekend of Nov. 2-4, the ramp from I-64 west to I-264 east (Exit 284B) will be closed over the evening and early morning hours for pavement work. Detour signs will direct traffic to take the next exit (Exit 284A) and continue to ride the interchange cloverleaf ramps until they exit to I-264 east from I-64 east. This ramp detour is scheduled to be in place during the following times:
- 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 to 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 3
- 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3 to 9 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 4
- Newtown Road south will be closed at the I-264 overpass for as many as three weekends in November for sewer line replacement. A signed detour to Center Drive will be in place. The detour is scheduled to be in place during the following times:
- 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 5
- 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 12
- 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 19 (if necessary)
- Motorists should expect night-time single- and double-lane closures on the interstates when traveling through the project area.
Additionally, these local detours remain in place:
- Newtown Road south is closed at the I-264 overpass weeknights from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. until mid-November. A signed detour to Center Drive is in place.
- Center Drive: The left turn onto Center Drive from Newtown Road north is closed until mid-November for utility relocation work at Newtown Road. Motorists are also restricted from turning left out of Center Drive onto Newtown Road north. Signed detours are in place for both movements.