Understand how the Chancellor's budget can help your business and the high street re-open
Covid-19/Post Budget Business Webinar
Thursday 15th April at 10:00 am – 11:00 am
The Chancellor Rishi Sunak presented his second Budget on Wednesday 3 March 2021. In his speech he stated his Budget ‘meets the moment with a three-part plan to protect the jobs and livelihoods of the British people’. Let’s see if our panel of experts agree?
We have an informed team of speakers from Menzies, Quiliam (more to be announced) to discuss the business implications with input from Hounslow Council on the support they are able to offer for regrowth and recovery, including information on the Covid business support programme, the Work Hounslow micro business offer and the exciting new Digital Dock in Brentford.
- Continuation of furlough scheme
- Contactless payment limit to increase
- Corporation tax. At present at 19%. From April 2023 increasing to 25% for companies with profits over £250k
- Freeports – creation of 10 across the country, with attendant tax benefits
- Reduced VAT rate for hospitality sector until September 2021
- Re-start Grants up to £6k for non essential retail businesses, and up to £18k for hospitality, leisure, personal care & gym businesses.
- National Minimum Wage to increase and extended to 23-24 year olds
There is no cost to attend the webinar, but you need to book your place: Click here to book
Sponsored by Hounslow Council