Delta Township Makes Paying your Utility Bill A Breeze
Here are some friendly tips to make paying your utility bill a snap. Notice an increase in your utility bill? Watch the video above for some helpful information to ensure you aren't paying for a leaky faucet.
Remember that summer taxes are due by September 14 to avoid any penalties or interest fees.
New Businesses Bring New Growth to Delta Township
As you drive around Delta Township, you can't help but notice some of the new construction projects. While many of these projects have been in the works for a while, it brings excitement to the community to see new developments taking shape. Delta is proud of the new investments in the Township and looks forward to the great additions these developments will make to our community.
Projects nearing completion:
Recently Completed Projects:
- Chick-fil-A - 5617 W Saginaw Hwy. - Set to open in early October
- Gander Mountain - 8757 Delta Market Dr. - A 52,000 sq. ft. retail space - set to open the end of September
- Rally's Hamburgers - 4721 W. Saginaw Hwy. - Now Open
- Wayback Burgers
5021 W. Saginaw Hwy.
- Aspen Dental
5139 W. Saginaw Hwy.
- Tabooli Restaurant
698 S. Waverly Rd.
- ATI Physical Therapy
5849 W. Saginaw Hwy.
- Weave and Lash Bar
932 Elmwood Rd.
- District 5 Extreme Air Sports
820 S. Waverly Rd.
- Michigan Caterpillar
7650 Millet Hwy.
5589 W Mt. Hope Hwy.
- Hilton Garden Inn - 7711 W Saginaw Hwy. A new five story Hilton Garden Inn will be constructed on the site of the old Days Inn.
- Panera Bread - Panera will move to 5212 W Saginaw Hwy., a freestanding site outside of the Lansing Mall, which will include a drive through. (from 5244 W. Saginaw - currently located within the Mall)
- Rainbow Child Care - 6824 W Saginaw Hwy.
- Gilden Woods - is developing a child care center at the SE corner of E. Saginaw Hwy. and Nixon Rd.
- Waverly Vision Center - 6409 Centurion Ave.(former R Club Restaurant location)
- Gro-Solar will develop a solar farm on the west end of the Township along Sundance Hwy.
- Munters Corporation - 2691 Ena Dr., 107,000 sq. ft. building
- Meijer Distribution Center - 6622 Central Circle Dr. - 500,000 sq. ft. highly-automated warehouse.
- TFT Global, - 4808 Empire Way - A logistics supplier for GM is constructing a 50,000 sq. ft. building.
- Verndale Apartments - 829 Montevideo Dr. will add a 12 unit apartment building, expanding their complex to five buildings.
- Pepper Ridge Apartments - at the SW corner of Willow Hwy. and I-96, is building a 162 unit upscale apartment complex.
As of July 31, Delta Township had 44 permits for new housing units across the area totaling $9,893,828 of investment.
What does this mean for you?
Delta is thriving; and there is more on the way. There is much to be excited about in Delta Township. This is a great time to look around and honor all the great business, organizations, people who are working to make Delta Township a great place, to live, work and play.
You may also see this article in the Fall Edition of the Delta Township Magazine which will be delivered to your home next week.
Enter the "I Am Delta" Video Contest
Example Video: Waverly Girls Swim "We Are Delta"
Example Video: Delta Fire Department
Show your Delta pride and enter the "I Am Delta" video contest! Three winners will be selected to appear in the 2016 "I Am Delta" promotional video which will premiere during the 2016 Delta Township Community Awards Event on October 27 at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West.
Here's how to enter:
- Create your own unique "I Am Delta" video.
- Upload your video to a video hosting service, such as YouTube or Vimeo.
- Visit http://bit.ly/IAmDeltaVideoContest and fill out the entry form. (be sure to include the link to your video)
- Submit your entry before 4:00 p.m. Friday, September 2.
- Entries must include "I Am Delta" either visually or verbally. In group instances, the phrase "We Are Delta" may be substituted.
- Entries may include a single individual or a group of people.
- Entries must be filmed within Delta Township.
- Entries may not exceed 30 seconds in length.
- All entries must be submitted via the online entry form.
- Contestants must upload their videos to an online video service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and provide a weblink to that video via the online form.
- Videos may not contain any profane, sexually explicit or copyrighted materials and must agree to all terms and conditions.
All materials submitted to the contest become the property of Delta Township.
The New Deadline is 4:00 p.m. Friday, September 2
Winners will be selected by a committee comprised of Delta Township staff and elected officials. Winners will be announced in September.
New Stretch of St. Joe Hwy. Sidewalk Now Open
During the week of August 8 a sidewalk was installed on the north side of St. Joe Highway from Cherbourg Drive to the Shell Gas Station/McDonalds at the northeast corner of the Creyts Rd. and St. Joe Hwy. intersection. The new sidewalk is approximately 1,000 ft. in length and fills in a gap which previously existed in this area for years. The right of way for the sidewalk was obtained from Auto-Owners Insurance Company. The new sidewalk has received extensive use since its installation.
Hundreds Attended the 17th Annual Touch-A-Truck Event
The 17th annual Touch-A-Truck Day was held on August 13. Despite the overcast day, one of the largest crowds ever for the event, came out to enjoy the attractions. We had several new companies with very popular interactive displays for the kids. There were 27 vehicles available for the participants to enjoy. We would like to thank all the companies who came out to participate including the Eaton County Sheriff's Department, Delta Township Fire Department, and the Delta Township Utility Department.
2016 Touch-A-Truck Participants Include:
- Dean Transportation
- AIS Construction Equipment
- Waste Management
- Rumsey & Sons Construction, Inc.
- Consumers Energy
- Grand Ledge Schools
- The Parts Place NAPA
- Michigan CAT
- Eaton County Sheriff's Department
- Delta Township Fire Department
- Delta Township Utilities Department
- Delta Township Parks & Recreation Department
Delta Township Upcoming Events
Music/Entertainment in the Park
Come out for the 17th season of free live concerts and family oriented shows. We have a great season lined up for you so pack a picnic, bring a blanket or lawn chair if you would like, and join in for a great time. All shows will be held at the Sharp Park Amphitheater.
- Party of 7: Classic Rock and More - Tuesday, August 23, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Show & Tell Nature Walks
Join us for a series of participatory nature walks as we explore the plants and wildlife in Delta Township parks. The walks will have a leader but we invite all walkers to be active participants and share their knowledge. Please wear good walking shoes and bring water. Walks will start promptly at the scheduled time and will last approximately an hour. Walks are suitable for the entire family and children will be given a nature log to record their findings.
- Wednesday, September 21, 6:00 p.m. - Delta Center Cemetery Walk in cooperation with the Delta Township Historical Society.
- Sunday, October 9, 11:00 a.m. - Grand Woods Park, meet by the open air shelter.
People of all ages are invited to the Delta Township Park Hop on Sunday September 11, between the hours of 1-5 p.m. A sampling of activities at the 5 parks: Delta Mills-Try out the latest sport called Pickle Ball and sample exercise classes such as Jazzercise Lite, chair exercises, Tai Chi and beginner yoga. Grand Woods-Music and learn to play games such as bocce, kupp and more; Hawk Meadow-Scavenger hunt, trails and a site for you to take family pictures; Hunters Orchard-A corn hole game, info table and donuts from Quality Dairy with cider; Sharp Park-A chance to "Choose Your Own Adventures" to see the many activities available in this huge park. And this is only a sampling of what you will be able to do!
Pick up a Passport in any of the parks and have it stamped in at least 3 parks to be entered into a drawing for prizes. Visit the parks in any order-just remember to turn in your completed Passport (with 3 or more stamps) at your last park by 5 p.m. to be entered into the drawing. Passports will include a map and addresses to the five parks. Sponsored by the Activity Committee of the Delta Township Senior Council and the Delta Township Parks & Recreation Department. For more information, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 323-8555.
Delta Township Senior Council
All Delta Township senior citizens are cordially invited to attend the quarterly meeting of the Delta Township Senior Council on September 7th at 6:30 p.m. at the Delta Township
Enrichment Center, 4538 Elizabeth Road, Lansing. Our guest speaker for the evening is a representative from EATRAN discussing public
transportation services available in Delta Township.
Come and join us. Be a part of the community discussion for the future of our senior population. Learn how you can make a difference
in your community. For more information please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 323-8555.
Visit our website for more information
Nominate Delta's Best for the Delta Township Community Awards
Do you know a Delta To
wnship business or resident that should be recognized for their contributions to the community?
The Delta Township Board is seeking nominations for the 11th Annual Delta Township Community Awards Program. This year's event will be held on Thursday, October 27 at 5:30 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West Hotel.
(Pictured: 2015 Delta Community Awards Recipients).
Nominations are being sought in each of the following four categories:
- Citizen of the Year Award
- Young Person of the Year Award
- Community Organization of the Year Award
- Business of the Year Award
for information about the Delta Township Community Awards Program. All nominations must be submitted no later than Monday, October 3, at 5:00 p.m. Nominations may be submitted online
Interested in Sponsoring this Event?
The Delta Township Community Awards Event is an excellent opportunity for your business or organization to gain some public recognition on multiple media platforms, for supporting your community.
For a small investment in this event, your business will received online recognition via the Township's website, social media pages, and monthly e-newsletter, as well as recognition during the award event that includes signage, inclusion in the our slideshow presentation and in our program.
to read about our wide range of sponsorship opportunities. For questions or more information contact
Mary Worland at email@example.com or at 517-323-8590
The Eaton County Clerk's Office and Treasurer's office will hold hours in the Delta Township Administration Building.
Please see the following schedule for days and times the satellite office will be open:
County Clerk will hold hours every first and third Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to
County Treasurer will hold hours every second and fourth Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Delta Township Employees
Parks & Recreation
Delta Township District Library Director
Eaton Co. Sheriff's Office Delta Patrol
Delta Public Transportation Options
Use Delta Redi-Ride to travel within Delta Township, or to connect with the following CATA fixed-route buses for seamless service to downtown Lansing and the greater Lansing area.
Delta Redi-Ride will not provide transportation to or from schools when school bus transportation is available to a student.
Call to schedule a ride at
(517) 394-CATA (2282)
The Redi-Ride Reservation Line is open:
- Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m.
to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.
to 5 p.m.
Click the map to view the service area.
EATRAN is a countywide open-door, curb-to-curb public transportation service offered in Eaton County.
Click the map to view the service area.
Call to Schedule a ride at: 517-543-4087
Click here for more information.
Have questions, comments or suggestions?
Delta Township Office
7710 W. Saginaw Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917
- The former Waverly Wash World building at 130 S. Waverly is being gutted and new equipment installed for a new business, Spotless Car Wash.
- Site plans have been approved for the remodeling of the former R Club Restaurant at 6409 Centurion Drive to the Waverly Vision Center.
- A site plan has been approved for a 4,100 sq. ft. addition which will connect the main store building at Horrock's with the former free-standing "hardware building" adjacent to Canal Road.
- A new sidewalk, 1,000 ft in length, was recenlty installed on the north side of St. Joe Hwy. just east of Creyts Rd.
- Construction is underway on a 50,000 sq. ft. warehouse building for TFT Global on Empire Way in the Township industrial tract.
- The remodel of the KFC restaurant at 4909 W. Saginaw is finished and has reopened.
- Rally's Restaurant had its Grand Opening on Monday, August 22.
Eaton County Drain Commission Holds Day of Review
The Eaton County Drain Commissioner's Office has scheduled a "Day of Review" session on August 23 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the county courthouse to provide property owners in the Holly, Miller & Garfield Avenue Drainage Districts an opportunity to review their drain assessments with the Drain Office staff. Property owners may file an appeal of their assessments with the Eaton County Probate Court. Questions regarding the assessments and "Day of Review" should be forwarded to the Drain Office at 517-940-4487.
2016 General Election Information
Voter Registration Deadline
Tuesday, October 11
Tuesday, November 8
May be requested
on or before
Friday, November 5 by 2 p.m.
Absentee ballots may also be filled out onsite
at the Delta Township Clerk's Office on
Monday, November 7 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
All absentee ballots must be turned in no later than 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 8 in order
to be counted.