Beloved in Christ,
As the days go by, with fewer businesses open, with fewer chances to go out and enjoy the company of friends, and with many people finding themselves at home for a host of reasons, it is easy to grow weary. These changes will not last forever, and it's important that we act carefully now, so that our reunion can be filled with joy and not regret. What we do, we do for the sake of our neighbor and for the good of our community as a whole.
As of Wednesday, March 25th, we are making the following changes in the way we do our life together until we can be confident that our usual patterns no longer present an undue risk (New procedures in Bold):
- The church office will be open from 8-12pm, please do not drop by during office hours without calling first.
- I will be working from home. Please call or email if you have pastoral care needs.
- I will be posting prayer pauses on Youtube throughout the week. Check back regularly for new suggestions on ways to pray.
- Weekly Worship will be suspended through April. We are working closely with the New England Synod to provide special celebrations of Holy Week that you can engage from home and share across social media.
- All small church gatherings are suspended. This includes Bible Study, WELCA, Choir, and Baptismal preparation classes.
- Any necessary meetings will take place via Zoom using either a computer or a telephone.
- A digital worship experience with music, prayers, and a recorded sermon will be posted every Sunday. You can find links on our Facebook page or at our church website
- Please make a plan to continue your offerings so that the congregation remains financially viable. You can send checks via mail directly to the church office, arrange with your own bank to send an automated check, or use our PayPal to make contributions with your credit or debit card.
In addition, Little Lambs will close from March 25th until April 6th and then reassess our operations at that point.
Finally, we cannot let this pandemic tear us apart or leave our church family isolated and alone. Please promise to take up the discipline of calling at least one member a day, praying for them, and communicating any pastoral care needs back to the pastor.