Dear District 86 Community,
As expected, the stay at home order that Governor Pritzker enacted on March 21 has been extended through April 30. This means that all public and private schools in Illinois will remain closed until at least May.
Below is what this means for our students, staff and families.
- As we shared in our most recent updates, we are transitioning to a long-term Remote Learning Day (RLD) plan this week. Thanks to the hard work and tireless efforts of our staff, we are well-positioned and prepared to provide our students with access to quality instruction and a continuity of learning throughout this crisis. You can access additional information about our RLD plan by visiting https://bit.ly/2WVdjqs.
- In keeping with our approach/strategy from the past two weeks, April 10 will now be a full-day of instruction that will follow the schedule we are using for our RLD plan. This means that our official last day of school for the year will be May 19.
- All events and activities scheduled for April have been canceled.
- The status of events and activities scheduled for May are to be determined. This includes final exams, prom, graduation and early dismissal for seniors. We realize people are upset about the potential impact COVID-19 might have on these annual traditions, and are anxiously awaiting answers from us about the possibility of preserving them. We promise you that we are continuing to discuss/explore options that may be available for these activities, especially those that will enable us to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of our seniors. We will keep you updated on the progress of our efforts. However, as we have stated throughout this crisis, the decisions we make will be dictated by the status of the stay at home order, the limitations on mass gatherings, and the general guidance and direction from local, state, national and international health organizations and government agencies.
- Meals for those families dealing with food insecurity will continue to be delivered in accordance with the schedule and procedures we have been using the past couple of weeks.
Thank you again for continued support of our students, staff, schools and community during this challenging time.
Stay safe and be well.