Free Video Tutorial from DVworkshops' on-line training program @Vimeo
"How to Film & Edit
B-Roll (Cutaways) are one of the most important elements in video production.
I believe that great B-Roll is made from taking a series of shots, then later editing them next to each other, creating a sequence.
In other words, try to film 2-4 shots instead of one at a time. Think in terms of sequences. It's all explained in this free tutorial from my on-line video production training.
- How to create a sequence for visual storytelling.
- 3 Types of B-Roll
- Best duration while filming
- How to vary the look
- Understanding PIVOT 1-2-3 Technique to create sequences of B-Roll quickly
- Transitional B-Roll shots
- Shot Size Editing Rules (you can not edit 2 Wide shots together)