DS Update from Cabinet Meeting:
1. The VA Annual Conference is following the CDC’s guidelines.
2. The Cabinet is continuing to plan for Annual Conference. At this point, all options are opened, including meeting virtually. The location of Annual Conference has not changed (Roanoke).
3. The Cabinet is moving forward with appointments.
4. Please continue to be in prayer for the Bishop and Cabinet.
5. Continue to be in contact with each other via phone.
6. Commit to checking on the elderly within your congregations.
7. Work with your pastor as a partner in this time of uncertainty.
8. Understand that your feelings and apprehensions are normal.
9. Care for yourself in these uncertain times.
10. Call, email, or text me or Lynn if we can help in anyway.
11 We are on a journey together; don’t “do it alone.”
12. I am proud to say that we (our laity and our clergy) are the best teammates, and together we can rise above the fray. Let’s do it.
Please continue to check the conference website at
for the latest information on Church Cancellations. As of today, services are canceled for March 23 and March 29.
Blessings to you!
Rev. Charles F. Ledlum-Bates, Ph.D.
Rappahannock River District Superintendent
(804) 448-8326 (Office)
(804) 724-0202 (Cell)