Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all of you!
I hope you’ve had some unexpected merriment today, maybe even a visit from a leprechaun. Here are a few bits of information you may want to know:
- Amelia is in the kitchen right now gearing up for Welcome Table To Go. We’re setting up a drive-thru outside the building, so no one even has to get out of their car. When the staff met yesterday morning, it felt really important to all of us for that ministry to continue.
- We will have our second “live-streamed” worship service on Sunday morning, beginning at 9am. Again, we’ll send out a link that will get you there (even if you aren’t a Facebook user). More info on that in a day or two.
- Parents, if you have Pre-K or elementary age children, Hayley Lynn will be doing a 15-minute Facebook Live event for children tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18 at 4pm. It will be on the NPPC Children’s Ministry page. If you are not a member of that group, please put in a request to join the group and you can be added so your child can participate.
- New Providence has a Zoom videoconferencing account. If any of you would like to use that to gather Sunday school classes, fellowship groups or so on during this shutdown, we are happy to set up meetings for you. Contact Gregg (865) 983-0182 x102
- Finally, I met with the finance team via teleconference this afternoon. No surprise, when we aren’t physically gathered for worship, our weekly contributions are down. Please remember we still have employees to compensate and missions to support and even a copier contract to pay. You that you can drop your check in the mail (703 W. Broadway, Maryville 37801) or donate online via our website (www.newprovidencepres.org)
In closing, an Irish Blessing for this St. Paddy’s Day:
May the Good Lord take a liking to you,
but not too soon!