Dear Faculty, Families, and Friends of Metro Christian Academy,
I trust this brief note finds you and your family staying well – and, beginning to enjoy a wonderful summer break.
As many of you know, several key COVID-19 communiqués have come out in the past few days. Among these have included:
1.Governor Stitt and Mayor Bynum declaring that we are entering
as of Monday, June 1, 2020.
2.Oklahoma State Department of Education deciding to allow compressed school calendars for 2020-2021.
3.Many colleges, universities, and even some schools announcing adjusted calendars for this upcoming school year.
So, I am writing today to update you on where
are at Metro, so that you can be comfortable making summer plans—and, so that you can be confident making plans to
Return to Learn
here at Metro for 2020-2021.
Monday, June 8, 2020.
Monday, August 10, 2020 – All-School Worship Night.
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 – Grades 6th - 12th.
Thursday, August 13, 2020 – Grades P3-5th.
We will be
, on-campus for traditional, in-person instruction as planned.
But, with the fluidity of pandemic planning and with
!) for optimizing time together here on campus, in the classroom, with each other, we have sorted thru a plethora of possible permutations, and we have come up with what we feel is best for Metro Christian Academy.
Below, please find our
planning compressed calendar considerations. (Only on an as-needed basis to optimize educational excellence delivered in-person, on-campus, by Metro’s finest!)
- We would still start school on Wednesday August, 12, 2020.
- Fall Semester (if need be) would be completed as early as Friday, November 20, 2020.
- Spring Semester (if need be) would begin on Monday, February 1, 2021.
- We would be committed to being done no later than Friday, May 28, 2020.
- We would accomplish all this by…
- Just 4 days of partial-day Remote Learning Protocol experiences for our students on four Professional Development Days (if need be):
- Friday, September 4, 2020.
- Monday, November 2, 2020.
- Friday, February 12, 2021.
- Monday, April 5, 2021.
- 6 days by extending the school calendar (if need be) until Friday, May 28, 2021.
- 1 day by on-campus instruction on Presidents’ Day (if need be), Monday, February 15, 2021.
- 2 days by observing a partial Fall Break (if need be) only Friday, October 16, 2020.
- We would still be able to meet the approved number of instructional days.
- We would still be able to provide a full-day, full-year, full-Metro experience for our entire student body.
- We would not be shortening Summer Break 2020 – you, your families, and our faculty deserve and need that!
- We would still be done before Memorial Day 2021.
- We would still get a full year of school.
In closing, thanks again for your continued partnership and prayers. Honoring God by serving you with educational excellence is our utmost priority!
We are committed to getting everybody
. We are committed to getting everybody all the info we can, as soon as we can – even over the summer. And, we are committed to delivering the excellent Metro educational
experience that you expect and that your children deserve – here, in-person…all within a smart, safe context.
Be sure to watch for
scheduled to begin arriving in your inboxes this Sunday at 2pm. For although we discontinue
for the summer,
summer we still plan to communicate every Sunday about 2:00PM in a slightly simplified and stylized document called the
will feature short updates to keep us all on the same page.
is scheduled to start to arrive in your inboxes about 2:00PM on Sunday, May 31, 2020.
glad to be moving forward
Have a full, refreshing, blessed summer!
Here’s to 2020-2021, and beyond😊!
Keith A. Currivean, Ph.D.
Head of School