February 26, 2020
Dear Green Hedges Families,
With flu season in full force this year, as well as news of the Coronavirus on many minds, I wanted to take an opportunity to inform you of what we are doing here at GHS to help prevent the spread of illness.
When we are notified of a communicable disease in any classroom, we send out an immediate communication to the class so parents are aware that a case has been reported in that classroom. The custodial staff cleans on a daily basis, and, per our instructions, they wipe down surfaces every day. Lastly, we are keeping ourselves informed and updated about the Coronavirus. Members of the Administrative Team recently participated in a webinar hosted by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and we continue to monitor and track news about the virus.
Please continue to be vigilant about ways to prevent the spread of influenza in your own home. The same measures you would use to protect you and your family from the flu are recommended to avoid being exposed to the Coronavirus. They include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
We recommend talking to a healthcare professional should you have any questions about influenza or Coronavirus. The CDC also has information about the Coronavirus on its
and NAIS recently published
on what schools need to know about Coronavirus.
Thank you for everything you are doing to keep yourselves, your children, and the Green Hedges community healthy! Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have.