WODL Festival 2022 and the Pre-Festival (Travelling) Adjudications
WODL will not hold a traditional Festival in 2022. The WODL Board has deferred the decision about providing local adjudications in the 2021-2022 season for now.
The WODL Board’s decision to cancel Festival 2022:
- recognizes the amount of work involved in planning and preparing for a traditional WODL Festival,
- reflects the uncertainty that we are still facing about when we may be able to resume in-person theatre performances safely and economically, and
- acknowledges that different regions of the province are, and may continue to be, in different phases of re-opening.
Area Vice Presidents reported that groups in their areas are making numerous contingency plans for future productions. While some groups might have a production available for an out-of-Festival adjudication, very few groups are willing, or able, to participate in a traditional Festival in 2022.
We are able to defer the decision about providing local adjudications as a learning opportunity for WODL groups because:
- our Adjudications Chair, Ken Menzies, has already engaged the adjudicator, Alexander Gallant, and
- the well-established process for arranging local adjudications is easily adjusted to accommodate changes in time.