As we shared last week, we are closely monitoring the latest information on the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety and well-being of our students and our entire community is our top priority. On our campus and in classrooms, we are taking precautions to keep our community healthy and to prevent the spread of illness. These measures include disinfecting surfaces throughout the day, emphasizing regular and thorough handwashing, and extensive daily cleaning by our janitorial service. Additionally, we are currently working on plans in the event that this situation directly impacts our community, and we will update you soon with more detailed and division-specific information.
Earlier today, the Marin County Office of Education shared
this press release
, which offers information, resources, and an invitation to a
which will take place next Monday, March 9, from 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
This event will be open to the public and will also be available through Facebook Live stream. As the MCO
E works on its infectious disease emergency response plan, it will continue partnering with local school administrations and public health officials in the event that Coronavirus cases occur in our schools.
To reiterate what was shared last week, we encourage you to follow CDC guidelines and preventive practices in order to stay healthy and minimize the spread of disease:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
For the latest developments, please refer to these reliable resources:
World Health Organization
Centers for Disease Control
County of Marin Department of Health and Human Services
Marin County Office of Education
More specific information related to our emergency procedures in response to the Coronavirus will be sent to you soon.
Thank you for your partnership and take care,