Visit Town websites to see the latest COVID-19 updates and to subscribe to alerts and Town news:
Annual Town Meetings and Elections have been postponed until June. If you are interested in voting by mail, you can request absentee ballots
Please allow ample mailing time for this application and for the ballot. Ballots must be returned to your local election official by Election Day.
For a number of folks in our district, acquiring regular meals has become risky, difficult and/or unaffordable. Fortunately, there is help. Following are resources and details for anyone impacted by food insecurity:
The Commonwealth’s Department of Transitional Assistance offers assistance with food and cash benefits to residents based on eligibility. To see if you qualify, visit
In the past several weeks, DTA has reported a significant increase in SNAP applications and modified their procedures to streamline the application process. Applicants are encouraged to follow
for SNAP, as staff members are overwhelmed by the number of calls. Offices are closed for in-person visits.
The federal Families First Response Act provides emergency supplemental benefits to more than 50% of all SNAP households - those who were not already receiving the maximum benefit amounts. These funds will be automatically loaded on EBT cards in April and May and will be eligible to earn HIP incentives. The amount of the supplement is the difference between the amount the household receives in SNAP and the maximum grant amount for the household size. Households already receiving the maximum SNAP grant will not receive a supplement. Households are being notified by phone or text. The text reads, “In response to COVID-19, you will be receiving extra SNAP. Check your balance at DTA-Connect or by calling the number on the back of your EBT card.” Monthly HIP caps will remain the same, based on household size. SNAP recipients can purchase locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables at open and participating Farmer’s Markets and farm-stands.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children—otherwise known as WIC—is a nutrition program that provides healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals to other health and social services, free of charge, to Massachusetts families who qualify. WIC similarly provides benefits to recipients on an EBT card. WIC serves pregnant women and new mothers, infants, and children up to the age of five. Visit
. New applicants are encouraged to click “Apply Online for WIC” to get started. After the online application is completed, it will automatically be sent to the local WIC program closest to the family’s home, and WIC staff will reach out. Interested families can also contact a local WIC program directly by phone or email; the complete list of contact information can be found on the WIC website. Information is also available by calling 1-800-WIC-1007 or 617-721-6601.
MEALS FOR SENIORS
Meals on Wheels
delivers lunch at no cost to homebound seniors who are unable to provide their own meals, and who meet certain guidelines. Meals on Wheels can be arranged through local Councils on Aging, as well as Minute Man Senior Services, Bay Path Elder Services and
Montachusett Opportunity Council.
MEALS FOR STUDENTS
Nashoba School Nutrition
is continuing to provide meals for all children and teens during this period of school closure. These meals are free and can be found:
Luther Burbank Middle School, 1 Hollywood Drive, Lancaster, MA 11 to noon. (Front Entrance)
NRSD High School, 12 Green Road, Bolton, MA 11 to noon. (Auditorium Entrance)
Hale Middle School, 55 Hartley Road, Stow MA 11 to noon. (Rear-Left Entrance)
** Meals will be available Monday, Wednesday & Friday only**
Monday = 2 Breakfasts and 2 Lunches
Wednesday = 2 Breakfasts and 2 Lunches
Friday = 3 Breakfasts and 3 Lunches
Hudson Public Schools
are now offering breakfast and lunch for anyone 18 years of age or younger at no charge, during the period of school closure due to COVID-19 concerns. This is available to our free and reduced families as well as any family who needs assistance.
Monday – Breakfast and lunch for Monday and Tuesday will be provided.
Wednesday – Breakfast and lunch for Wednesday and Thursday will be provided.
Friday – Breakfast and lunch for Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be provided.
Meals can be be picked up:
Quinn Middle School 201 Manning Street 7:00AM to 9:00AM
Robinsons Hardware Parking Lot; 31 Washington Street 7:10AM to 7:30AM
Cherry Street Field ; 61 Cherry Street 7:50 AM to 8:10 AM
United Methodist Church; 34 Felton Street 8:30AM to 8:50 AM
Massachusetts has been approved to operate Pandemic EBT (P-EBT). This additional food assistance will provide much needed relief for the approximately 500,000 Massachusetts students who have lost access to free or reduced price meals during school closures.
FOOD ASSISTANCE AROUND THE DISTRICT
Bolton Council on Aging
is coordinating volunteers who can shop at grocery stores and pharmacies and do other errands for residents in need of these services. 978-779-3313, https://www.townofbolton.com/council-aging
is maintaining its regular schedule at its food pantry in Clinton. WHEAT's Community Café will be providing hot meals TO GO ONLY. Contact Jodi Breidel with any questions email@example.com or 508-370-4942.
First United Methodist Church
of Hudson MA
Drive-Thru and Pickup Provisions on Mondays and Thursdays between 12-2 pm.
(Senior Citizens who need delivery please call Stacey at 978-601-2494)
Hudson Community Food Pantry
is open on Saturdays from 9-10:30 am. C
lients are asked to remain at their cars until it is their turn to enter the pantry. Clients will enter the pantry one at a time. As always, photo id and proof of residency in Hudson, Berlin or Bolton is required. Call the Hudson Food Pantry with any questions: 978-562-5280
Stevie's Back Road Café & Catering
(978) 310-7051 577 Main Street Hudson MA has meals available for pick up or delivery. They have a special menu listed on their facebook page or call. Stevie’s has great hot meals for $5.00 and will deliver to Senior citizens at no extra costs.
The Portuguese Club
in Hudson (978) 567-1929 13 Port St, Hudson, MA 01749 If you order food from the Portuguese Club they will deliver to senior citizens at no extra costs. Please visit their website for delicious menus: www.hudsonportugueseclub.org
Discoverhudson.org has a list of other local restaurants providing takeout and delivery.
Heart to Home Meals
Delicious & Delivered Meals made for Senior Citizens Delicious frozen meals with 140 choices (breakfast, lunch and dinner) you can easily heat up. Ordering is simple. You can order for a week or more and food will be delivered to you on Tuesdays or Thursdays in Hudson. To view food options please visit hearttohomemeals.com or call 508-630-5671.
Pantry service is open for drive-thru pickup only. Open and free to those who reside in the central Middlesex. New clients should come to the front door to register, and bring proof of residency and DOB for each household member. Hours of operation: Tuesday 1-6:30, Thursday 3-6:30 978-369-2275,
Acton Food Pantry
is open to Maynard residents and anyone in need of food. It is open on Wednesdays from 10 am – 7 pm and Thursdays from 9:30-11:30 am as a drive-thru pantry only. 978-635-9295, www.actonfoodpantry.org
In Maynard, the
pick-up and delivery services
for residents with a high risk of contracting the novel coronavirus. This includes the delivery of groceries, prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines and vital supplies.
Stow Food Pantry
offers food and hygiene items to clients/families needing assistance. They will be holding a series of weekend pantries beginning April 4th and 5th. Procedures have been changed; volunteers will be packing bags for folks and bringing them to the parking lot where clients will remain in their vehicles. Stow Food Pantry requires NO REFERRALS and NO FINANCIAL INFORMATION. Please call 978-897-4230 to make an appointment. For further information please check out the website www.stowfoodpantry.com
Stow Council on Aging
is currently closed to the public. However, food may be available through contacting Outreach or the Community Services Coordinator via telephone. Staff will assemble a package based on client needs and what is available and arrange for contact free pick-up. 978-897-1880, https://www.stow-ma.gov/council-aging-board
Local grocery stores have announced
special shopping hours
for seniors and those with a weakened immune system:
- Shaw’s: 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. for shoppers age 60 and older on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Stop & Shop: 6:00 to 7:30 a.m. for shoppers age 60 and older every day.
- Market Basket: 5:30 to 7:00 a.m. for shoppers age 60 and older on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Walmart: 6:00am to 7:00am for shoppers 60 and older every day.
- Walgreens:Tuesdays 8am-9am
- Osco Drug pharmacy (located in Shaw’s) (978) 897-1736, is offering prescription delivery free of charge during this crisis. Please note that deliveries must be requested by 10:00 a.m. for same day delivery; otherwise the prescriptions will arrive the next day. Customers must pre-pay for their prescription co-pays over the telephone. (When the stay-at- home-order is lifted, the customary delivery charges will be reinstated.)
GROCERY STORE DELIVERY SERVICES
MEAL DELIVERY SERVICES
– Fully Prepared Ready to Eat Meals:
- Chefs for Seniors: Chef shop, cook meals for the week and clean up. Costs similar to meal delivery; customized to your diet. Limited service area currently; contact them to determine if a chef is available in your area. 781-664-3542 or 844-237-2433 https://chefsforseniors.com
- Freshly: Fully prepared, refrigerated meals delivered to home nationwide. Has gluten free, dairy free, low carbohydrate and vegetarian options available. 844-373-7459 or https://www.freshly.com
- Magic Kitchen: Fully prepared, refrigerated meals delivered to home nationwide. Has diabetic friendly meals, low sodium, low carbohydrate, low fat, renal (stage 3 and 4), dialysis and gluten free options available. 877-516-2422 https://www.magickitchen.com
- Mom’s Meals: Fully prepared, refrigerated meals delivered to homes. Has meals for cancer treatment, diabetic friendly, gluten free, heart healthy, low sodium, pureed, renal and vegetarian options available. 877-508-6667 or http://www.momsmeals.com
- Silver Cuisine: Healthy, delicious, doctor-designed, fully prepared meals. Has heart healthy meals, gluten free, diabetic friendly, low sodium, low carbohydrate, dairy free, Meditterranean, and vegetarian options available 844-404-3663 https://silver.bistromd.com
- The Foodery: Freshly made food with local ingredients. Doesn’t specialize with specific diets. Limited service area includes Maynard. 617-207-4080 https://fooderyboston.com
PRE-PACKAGED MEAL INGREDIENTS
, Ready to be Prepared:
- Blue Apron: Choose your meals, unpack your box, and follow step-by-step instructions to create your meals. Has Weight Watchers and vegetarian options available. 646-891-4349 https://www.blueapron.com
- EveryPlate: Meals come with ingredients and recipe cards. Budget friendly. Doesn’t specialize with special diets. 973-210-4915 https://www.everyplate.com
- Gobble: Pre-measured ingredients to create meals at home. It also has a lunch meal prep options with six days of lunches delivered on Sunday to prepare for the week. Has seafood, vegetarian, kid friendly and low-calorie options available. 888-405-7481 https://www.gobble.com
- Home Chef: Delivers everything you need to prepare to bring delicious meals to the table. Has vegetarian, low carbohydrate and low-calorie meal options available. 872-225-2433 https://www.homechef.com
- Hello Fresh: Pre-measured ingredients to create a meal at home. Has vegetarian options available. 646-846-3663 https://www.hellofresh.com
- Plated: Get everything you need to make amazing dinners – delivered in one perfectly customized box. Doesn’t specialize in specific diets. 855-525-2399 https://www.plated.com
- Purple Carrot: Pre-measured ingredients to create a vegan meal at home. Has gluten free options available. 857-703-8188 https://www.purplecarrot.com
- Sun Basket: Pre-measured ingredients to create a meal at home. Has gluten free, paleo and vegan options available. https://sunbasket.com
Find out if restaurants are open