March 13, 2020
Dear SGWS Families,
School closure for SGWS students will take effect on Tuesday, March 17
. All track practices, meets, and other extracurricular activities are also suspended through April 3
. Please take time to read and pay close attention to the following information:
What you can do right now:
- Check email daily;
- Complete the technology survey to help us plan how to best serve our families;
- We have supplies to send home to your family for distance learning;
- Early Childhood Wednesday-Friday students will take home supplies today.
- All other students will take home supplies on Monday, March 16th. Families who are not present in school on Monday may pick up supplies in the lobby on 3/16 between 3:30 and 6:00 pm or 3/17 between 8-3. These materials are not to be used until we provide additional information about lessons.
What you can do beginning March 17th:
- Continue to check email daily;
- As we all adjust to a quickly changing environment, it is important to establish and continue a stable and familiar rhythm to foster a sense of security and safety for your children and family. Please consider:
- Begin routines on Tuesday that can serve as a familiar rhythm for this time away from school;
- Maintain your regular bed times and meal times;
- Minimize screen time and news exposure;
- Prioritize healthy meals and rest;
- Read to or with your child;
- Spend time outside each day;
- Ask your child to share familiar poems, songs, or activities they do each day at school.
Our faculty and staff are working diligently to collaborate and plan for learning beyond the classroom. Please have patience as we work through those details next week. We will begin distance learning the week of March 30
. We will use calamity days for 3/17 through 3/20. We will all observe spring break for the week of March 23
We will provide more communication with details about distance learning prior to spring break.
We are grateful for the strength of our community and all of the kind words and offers of support as we move through these next few weeks.
On behalf of Faculty and Administration