Dear Culver Summer Schools & Camps families and staff,
Culver Summer Schools & Camps is excited for Summer 2022! As we look to the Summer, we have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 trends, including Marshall County and State of Indiana metrics and policies. Below is a summary of our intended Summer 2022 COVID-19 policies based on current information. Please be aware that the following list may evolve between now and the start of camp if necessary.
- Culver Academies, including Culver Summer Schools & Camps, has adopted a mask optional status throughout campus, which includes all visitors.
- We encourage all campers/students, staff and parents to administer an at-home test 24-48 hours prior to arrival on campus. Anyone who tests positive should report their results to the Culver Summer Schools & Camps office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Campers/students testing positive should remain at home in COVID isolation for six days. They can arrive to Culver for camp on day six with a negative test taken that day. A positive follow-up test on day six would keep your child at home in COVID isolation until day ten. At day ten they are then free to travel to Culver to participate in our summer program.
- Staff who test positive prior to arrival on campus should immediately notify their camp director. Staff testing positive should remain at home in COVID isolation for six days. Staff can arrive to Culver on day six with a negative test taken that day. A positive follow-up test on day six would keep the staff member at home in COVID isolation until day ten. Staff who test positive and can not arrive to camp in time for staff training and/or the start of camp may be reassigned.
- We will not be testing at camper/student or staff registration.
- During camp, we will only test campers/students and staff who display COVID-19 symptoms.
- We will continue to require all eligible Summer seasonal staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. Boosters are not required. Staff should upload their vaccination cards to their CampDocs account.
- We strongly encourage all eligible campers to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Culver Summer Schools & Camps will continue to monitor case trends on and off campus to ascertain if conditions warrant a return to enhanced protective measures for the safety of our community. We recognize that families have different perspectives with respect to our masking, testing and vaccination protocols, and we are exceptionally appreciative for your generous support. We will embrace those who choose to wear masks and those who choose not to in an equal and dignified manner.
We look forward to seeing everyone on campus in a few months!