Dear First Family,
We are very happy to inform you that we will begin holding in-person worship services in the church sanctuary starting October 18. October 11 will be our last worship service outside. We appreciate people’s patience, support, and prayers as we have ironed out plans and recruited a committed volunteer base for implementation. It will be a joy to worship again in our church’s beautiful sacred space!
In an effort to reduce risk of illness, our church is going to follow certain protocols that have been suggested for larger groups that are gathering inside for extended amounts of times. While every congregation and church is different, similar plans and protocols are being carried out by numerous churches in our own community and throughout the country.
Before you join us on Sunday, please be prepared for certain actions listed below:
- The main entrances to the building will be the small doors on Franklin St. and Park. These two entrances will require people to use stairs. (please see the diagram below)
- The side entrance on the East side of the building will be reserved for elevator riders only. If you plan to ride the elevator, we encourage you to come 15 minutes before the service.
- All worshipers are required to wear masks inside the church building.
- We are asking people to refrain from hugging or shaking hands.
- To the best of your ability, please maintain 6 ft. of distance in hallways as you move to the sanctuary. Markers and volunteers will help guide you.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
Once in the building, volunteers and ushers will direct you where to sit. Please be prepared to sit in a different place than you might usually sit. Worshipers will sit 6 ft. apart. Households may sit together.
- Worshipers are encouraged to take care of bathroom needs before leaving home. The renovated bathrooms on the main floor will be open for use, one person at a time.
- We will be discouraging people from congregating inside the building. If you’d like to catch up with friends, please do so in the parking lot outside or at another time.
- Hymnals and Bibles have been removed from the pews. We encourage you to bring your own Bible.
- The Sanctuary and bathrooms will be the only rooms opened on Sunday morning. All other rooms are closed.
- While children are always welcome at our worship services, there will be no nursery or childcare available yet.
We understand that some people in our congregation are still not ready to worship inside. We understand and respect people’s differing needs. For those who are not ready to gather inside, we will still be offering online worship services each week.
Again, we look forward to worshiping together in the sanctuary once more. Thank you for your continued prayers.
The Elders of First Presbyterian Church