Enjoy everything from easy shore dives to Advanced deep dives.
Puerto Rico has hundreds of miles of shoreline and dozens of islets and cays, making it an exciting destination for scuba diving in the Caribbean.
Whether you’re a first-timer or a master diver, you can’t miss the chance to scuba dive in Puerto Rico’s gorgeous turquoise waters.
- Crash Boat is perfect for new divers or divers refreshing their skills. You can put all of your equipment on in the parking lot and just walk right into the ocean. The most common route is diving out along the pier over a gradually downward sloping sand bottom.
- El Natural Beach, El Natural Beach is another beach-entry dive with a healthy reef system. The dive site extends directly outward from shore along a gently sloping bottom about 200 yards to about 40 feet of water where the reef meets a sandy bottom. From there, divers can head northward along the reef with a gradual slope until about 70 feet.
- Shacks Beach is an exciting reef cavern dive starting right from the beach. From shore, divers swim on the surface about 400 feet out to the entrance to a 30 foot deep “blue hole.” Divers then descend and navigate through, up, and around a series of caverns and overhead environments, exiting back through the entrance to the blue hole. The caverns provide a unique and exciting sensation different from normal reef diving. Advanced certification is required.
Optional, but we'd have to charter a boat.
- Desecheo Island Just 12 miles off the coast of Rincón is the small island of Desecheo, a National Wildlife Refuge with some of the best-preserved coral reefs in Puerto Rico. The island itself is off limits but the waters around it are a scuba diver’s playground. All sorts of fish, crustaceans, turtles, sharks, and even dolphins and whales can be seen around Desecheo. The best way to get there is by boat.
- B29 Superfortress is a boat accessible salt water dive site. The maximum depth is 111-120ft/34-37m. The average visibility is 51-60ft/16-18m.
- Note: Additional fees apply.
Roundtrip airfare is about $300 depending when you book.
The best arrival airport is
Aguadilla Airport, Rafael Hernández Airport (BQN) in Aguadilla.
Departing Flight UA 1071
Departs Newark/EWR, 8:49 PM
Arrives Aguadilla/BQN, PR 12:39 AM
Flight UA 1162
Departs Aquadilla 1:50 AM
Arrives in Newark 5:45 AM