Covid-19 Safety Precautions November Update
November 13, 2020
Prior to your Dancer’s arrival, how we are preparing for a safe CCB:
We have worked with our landlord to have our HVAC system filters replaced to ensure we have optimal air filtration and circulation.
The Barres and door handles will be disinfected immediately after each use.
The Studio will be disinfected immediately after a class of students leave with our CDC approved disinfectant spray- the studio will need to remain empty for at least 10 minutes for the disinfectant to take effect.
Precautions Dancers should take prior to arrival to the CCB:
Criteria for participation in classes at CCB
· No signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 10-14 days. Signs could include: Fever, cough, Difficulty Breathing or shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, loss of taste or smell.
· If a dancer or staff member has had COVID-19: they may return to the studio after 10 days have passed since the Covid-19 positive test or the onset of symptoms AND 72 hours of no fever without the use of fever reducing medications AND symptoms have significantly improved.
· No close or sustained contact with anyone who is sick within 10-14 days of starting classes.
· Dancers who participated in activities that pose a higher risk of exposure to COVID-19 according to current CDC guidelines are asked to quarantine for 10-14 days before starting classes.
· Dancers should come dressed for ballet classes with hair secured up (in a bun if possible) prior to arrival to the CCB. Dressing rooms will be closed for the time being. Ballet shoes should not be worn outside and dancers should not share shoes at this time.
· Dancers MUST bring their own water bottle(s): water fountain will not be available at this time.
· Class size is limited based on the area of each room. Dancers will now need approval to take any make up classes to ensure class sizes remain within the limits.
· Parents will not be allowed inside the building at this time.
When Your Dancer Arrives
Dancers will wait in their cars until a CCB staff member comes outside to get their class. On time arrival and pick up for classes will help us to cut down on dancers crossing paths with other classes.
Sanitizer will be available at the door: everyone should sanitize upon entry.
Dancers will have their temperature taken by staff with a no touch thermometer and symptom check outside of the building before entering. Any dancers with a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees will be sent home and should be monitored.
We have a designated administrator onsite from 4-8pm Monday-Thursday.
No Parents or additional people may enter the building at this time.
Dancers will be brought into the CCB building by a staff member when it is okay to enter.
Dancers will need to wear a mask when entering and exiting the building, and while participating in classes.
Inside the Studio:
Dressing rooms are currently closed.
Drinking fountain is currently closed. Dancers MUST bring their own water bottle.
Barres are taped out to allow dancers physical distancing to remain at least 6 feet apart from other dancers while at the barre. Barres will be disinfected after each use.
Spike tape boxes are marked throughout the center as well allowing for 8 feet of space between dancers at all times.
Class sizes will be limited: Currently, Studio A classes will have a maximum of 9 dancers and Studio C will have a maximum of 7 Dancers.
Teachers will maintain 6 feet of distance from each student and corrections will be given from a distance.
Classes will end 5 minutes early and dancers will promptly exit to allow for other classes to come in. The next class may not enter the building until the administrator allows dancers to enter.
Wearing a mask in class is recommended as long as your dancer does not have a medical condition that would prevent it. The World Health Organization has deemed wearing face masks are safe and do not cause CO2 toxicity, however parents should communicate with their dancer to be aware of signs of overheating and exhaustion.
Cloth or surgical masks are recommended. Dancers must not use N95 masks nor any mask that has a filter in it.
Procedure if a staff person or dancer (who has been to the studio within 10 -14 days) is found to test positive for Covid-19:
The studios will receive further disinfection and deep cleaning.
All dancers/staff/classes who have had contact within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes with the positive person will be contacted and need to quarantine for 10-14 days or receive a negative Covid-19 test to return to class.
The health department will be notified if a staff person tests positive, in order for contract tracing to occur.
Dancers will be able to take make-up classes when they are allowed to return to the studio.
In the event of a full shut down due to executive order, we will transition to virtual classes sticking with the class schedule as much as possible. Make up classes will be held if any classes cannot be fulfilled virtually.