As you may know, the City of Miami Beach operates under the umbrella of Miami-Dade County. Accordingly, please remember that Amendment No. 1 to Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 09-20, dated March 25, 2020, directs “all hotels, motels and other commercial lodging establishment to stop accepting new reservations from persons other than Essential Lodgers”.
The Order further states that “hotels, motels, short-term vacation rentals, and other commercial lodging establishments shall not (i) accept any occupants, regardless of when reservations were made, or (ii) extend existing reservations, for persons other than Essential Lodgers”.
The aforementioned is active until further notice. Please remember not to make/take reservations, before this Order is amended and hotels are allowed to reopen, because it could subject your hotel to penalties or fines.
Miami Beach Procurement Department
To assure the safety of all parties, the following measures have been taken.
- The Procurement Department will be working remotely until further notice. All interactions shall be electronic or telephonic. A staff directory is available here.
- Any question regarding any active solicitation shall be submitted electronically via BidSync or via email to the contracting officer named in the solicitation. It is important to remember that the cone of silence is in place for all active solicitations.
- Any non-solicitation vendor concern or request for assistance (e.g., registration, payments, deliveries, etc.) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All bid submittals pursuant to solicitations issued before March 30, 2020 will be converted to electronic bids and delivered electronic via BidSync. Vendors will be notified formally via addendum. Hard copy bids should not be delivered to the Procurement Office.
- All bids submittals pursuant to solicitations issued on or after March 30, 2020 should be delivered electronically via BidSync. Hard copy bids should not be delivered to the Procurement Office.
Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Resources
The Beacon Council has launched
to help you better understand and successfully access the funding resources available to Miami-Dade small businesses, sole proprietors and freelancers (i.e., 1099) looking for relief from the impact of COVID-19.
At this time,
primarily focused on helping you navigate the CARES Act’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Information on other funding resources and programs to follow in the coming days.
IRS Simple Tax Return Tool
for more information.
One Fair Wage
One Fair Wage is providing cash assistance to tipped and service workers through a new
Inc. Business Tool Kit
Inc. has curated a list of tools, resources and financial help for businesses,
GrantWatch is a
connecting non-profits and small businesses to grant opportunities.
Small Business Webinar
Learn about State and Federal funding available for small businesses.
Friday, April 17, 2020 | 1 PM
To request assistance as impacted business or employee, please email
with your contact information and needs. All inquiries will be responded to via phone or email by a Resource Agent.
For a full listing of resources and information visit