The MB Standard
As more businesses open, we want to ensure a high level of consumer confidence for residents and visitors as they visit establishments.
Through our new decal initiative coined the MB Standard program, we intend to facilitate identification of those businesses who have committed to implementing additional measures to protect the public from the spread of COVID-19 — beyond those already required by Miami-Dade County or the city.
To participate in the program, businesses must agree to the following measures to achieve the MB Standard:
- Have all employees tested for COVID-19 by the later of June 8, 2020 or the date of reopening
- Provide monthly COVID-19 testing to all employees
- Conduct temperature and health screenings of all employees daily
- Have a contact tracing protocol in place
- Provide monthly reports to the city noting how many employees were tested, numeric count of results and measures
The MB Standard recognition will help patrons feel more comfortable as they shop or eat at participating establishments because they know these places have committed to following best practices to curb COVID-19! Businesses that partake in the program will also be listed on the city’s Miami Beach Reopening webpage at