Dear residents, friends and neighbors,
The most important pieces of information are contained in the two buttons above. The rest of this notice is for adults!
As you have heard it is
critical that everyone
stay inside for the next two weeks
until our numbers start to subside
. Please hang in there and listen to the experts so we can get past this as sooner than later.
Tymor Park - for everyone's protection
- The playground in Tymor Park has been closed.
- The basketball court hoops have been removed.
- The volleyball net has been taken down.
- Walking in Tymor Park is wonderful but please stay away from everyone else and practice social distancing...even when parking!
Practice doggy etiquette, please
We are seeing increased amounts of pedestrian visitors in Tymor Park (which is terrific!); but keep in mind, your dog and other people's children ( or grandparents) may not mix!
walk your dogs on the west side of Duncan Road
(the same side Town Hall is located on). Many people are walking around the baseball fields and even the playground area with dogs and
not picking up after them
. These spaces must be kept clean for families!
hung new signs
to make the rules clear so everyone can share and enjoy our Park:
- There are no dogs permitted in the baseball/soccer field, playground, pavilion areas of Tymor Park.
- Dogs and horses are required to stay on the west side of Duncan Road.
- There are great walking / riding trails for you and your animals near the Equestrian Center.
- Suggestion: park at Town Hall and take a long walk down and over to the Equestrian Center and back. It is beautiful.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times (State & Local law).
- Constables can give tickets to those who violate these rules (but no one wants write tickets, so please follow the signs in the Park!).
News from the Highway Department
n our March 19th Town Board meeting,
Highway Superintendent Ed Kading
laid out his Spring paving plan based on his assessment of need (simply put. For more details see the last UnionValeMail or watch the meeting on YouTube). The Town Board approved the expenditure and the plan is moving forward.
From Superintendent Kading:
Work will commence as follows ~
Week of April 20th- Reclamation on JORDAN COURT & BLOOMER ROAD.
Week of April 27th - Bad weather/Rain date(s) for Reclamation.
Week of May 11th - Re-surfacing on JORDAN COURT & BLOOMER ROAD.
Week of May 18th - Bad weather/Rain date(s) for Re-surfacing.
Look for traffic interruptions, more in May than in April.
Sorry for any inconvenience!
Please call Ed's office with any questions:
We will post updates on the Highway Facebook page.