Dear friends, due to the uptick in positive Covid cases we have just received from our Bishop the following new Covid-19 protocol updates for In-person worship and Small Group gatherings/meetings at First United. We anticipate having to follow these updated procedures for only a few weeks.
For everyone’s safety, please read, understand, and agree to adhere to the following guidelines for all events and worship services:
- A mask must be worn at all times upon entering the church building and while inside the church building.
- Always maintain social distancing of 6 feet apart while inside the church building.
- No food or beverage services will be available during this time.
- We will make a Zoom option available for meetings and classes as much as possible.
IN THE LAST 14 DAYS HAVE YOU:
- experienced any flu/Covid-19 like symptoms? Been near anyone who experienced and flu/COVID-19 related symptoms?
- experienced coughing, fever, chills, shortness of breath, aches & pains, sore throat, pain/tightness in chest, or loss of taste or smell?
- had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 14 days?
- had prolonged exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19? any medical reason why you believe you should not be around others?
- been on a commercial flight or traveled outside of the United States or been near anyone who has been on a commercial flight or traveled outside the United States?
If you cannot answer “no” to all the questions above please do not attend our in-person gathering. However, we would love for you to join us for our online services.
Note: Hymnals and handing out of bulletins are considered safe and are part of in-person worship. You may bring your own Bible. Restrooms are sanitized and available for your use. Child care, Sunday School and 784 are still available. We provide “Busy Bags” to engage children during worship. Do not remove your mask during the worship service. Please, no congregating in the hallways and worship areas before, during or after worship services. Socializing is a natural inclination; we ask that you do so outside – wearing a mask to maintain safety and social distancing. Greeters and ushers are available if you have questions or need help. If you have any questions about these items, please contact the church office at 828.693.4275 prior to your Sunday visit. This is how we follow Jesus' command to "love one another."