Dear Upper School Families,
It was a pleasure seeing so many of you at our Upper School Open Studio Night! It’s exciting to share with you all that happens in our classrooms. Here is an overview of what’s coming up outside of the classroom.
HARVESTFEST + US DANCE
We wanted to highlight
Harvestfest on Friday, October 12 and
Student Council’s Upper School “Dance of the Decades” on Saturday, October 13.
- Friday: Harvestfest starts at 3:30 p.m. with Varsity Golf at Putterham Golf Course, Varsity Volleyball in Gym A, Boys Varsity Soccer and Varsity Field Hockey on Upper Field, and don't miss Girls Varsity Soccer on Upper Field under the lights at 5:30 p.m. Enjoy brick oven pizza, a Student Council Pop-Up Shop, and support our teams!
- Saturday: The "Dance of the Decades" begins at 8 p.m., and students must arrive before 8:30 p.m., when the doors close. They are expected to stay at the dance until 9:45 p.m. which ends promptly at 10 p.m., please arrange transportation accordingly. Students have the option to dress up in attire from the decade of their choice.
- Tickets ($10 each) can be purchased by charging home in advance, and students can buy tickets for up to two guests (with student IDs) from other schools.
- Leading up to the games and dance, Student Council is planning spirit days for Upper School Students: Tuesday is Beaver Pride/Blue and White, Thursday is Sports Teams, and Friday is USA/Red, White, and Blue.
- Parent-Teacher conferences for the Upper School are Wednesday, October 10 and Friday, October 19 from 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. Students do not have classes on these days. If you haven’t scheduled your conferences yet, please do so at https://pickatime.com/Beaver-Conferences.
- All 10th and 11th graders will be taking the PSAT on Wednesday, October 10, more details here.
- There are many games, practices, and rehearsals still happening on these days, so please check afternoon activities schedules.
- During conference days, we will continue to provide Canvas support (and other IT-related questions).
INTERESTED IN HAVING A BEAVER INTERN?
This spring, seniors will undertake an internship as the culmination of their Beaver education. We are reaching out to parents/guardians to find out if they are interested in hosting a student intern from May 6 to June 5. Students will commit 20-30 unpaid hours per week for the internship (Monday-Thursday). Please fill out this
by October 19 if you think your place of work could benefit from an intern. Contact
, Senior Experience Program Director, for more information or questions.
- Senior parents, click here for more information about the program. We will be spending a lot of time in class meetings and advisory supporting students through this process and will update you occasionally along the way.
We look forward to seeing you on campus next week!
Director of Upper School
Associate Director of Upper School for Operations and Student Life