Most issues with MS Project can be resolved by following these simple steps:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of WBS Schedule Pro. The latest version is 5.1.0025 (go to File-About to check the version). Use the File-Check for Updates feature within WBS Schedule Pro to update to this version (if you don't have the Check for Updates feature than you have a really old version and you should go to our website and download the latest version).
2) Start MS Project and leave it running. Do not log into Project Server.
3) Start WBS Schedule Pro separately (not from within Project).
4) In WBS Schedule Pro, select the Microsoft Project drop down arrow in the upper right corner and select Setup Microsoft Project. Complete the steps.
5) Close MS Project and close WBS Schedule Pro.
To test the integration, open MS Project, create a small project, save it and click the button in the upper left corner to create a WBS or Network Chart. If this works, you should be all set. If not, it may be one of these:
Click here if you receive a message that says Automation Error
Click here if you receive a message that says Unable to Start MS Project or MS Project is not installed