In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent social distancing policies, the Ventura County Fire Department has postponed all events and closed public access to all fire stations and buildings providing non-essential services.
Effective immediately, fire station visits, fire education programs, and VCFD’s participation in community events are suspended until further notice.
“First responders and firefighters are taking an abundance of caution necessary to protect our members and the public as we work to manage the effects of COVID-19. These changes are intended to ensure the health and safety of the communities we serve as well as our firefighters, prevention officers, nurses, dispatchers, mechanics and employees,” said Fire Chief Mark Lorenzen. “I strongly encourage the public to heed social distancing recommendations and restrictions advised by public health officials.”
Additional VCFD service changes include the following.
1. VCFD is balancing social distancing measures while maintaining operational response. Emergency
response services have not changed. All fire stations are fully staffed and able to respond to any
emergency. VCFD has instituted enhanced personal protective equipment and procedures such as:
- Maintaining six feet of distance for initial assessment, when possible.
- Donning enhanced PPE on calls of suspected respiratory infection or flu-like symptoms.
- Placing mask on patient, when possible.
- Isolation and quarantine contingencies have been established for the safety of firefighters.
2. Fire stations are closed to the public.
- Notices are posted on the front door of each station with a contact phone number.
- An exception will be made for any emergency that would require member(s) of the public to enter a station for treatment.
- Fire stations will remain available for the Safe Surrender program.
3. All engine company Fire Safety Inspections are suspended until further notice.
4. All Fire Prevention related services will continue to be provided remotely, Monday through Friday
related questions or information.
5. All VCFD employees, both in fire stations and office positions, are practicing social distancing:
- Firefighters and staff are maintaining the recommended 6-foot distance from one another.
- Conference calls and Skype sessions are being used in place of in-person meetings.
If you have fire related questions on specific VCFD services, please call (805) 389-9710.
To reach the Ventura County Fire Department, visit the
VCFD Contact Us
web page or
call (805) 389-9710.