By now you will be aware the Victorian Premier has announced that the whole state will enter a five-day lockdown from midnight tonight, Friday February 12th, 2021.
The full transcript of Premier Andrews Press release is available here, together with a Table of Restrictions.
The key points of this new lockdown are -
1. There are only four reasons to leave home, these being:
- shopping for the things you need.
- care and caregiving.
- exercise (two hours per day with one other person).
- work, if it is essential.
2. Masks must be worn whenever outside of the house.
3. Accommodation venues can only provide shelter for existing guests, otherwise they are closed.
This is naturally, extremely disappointing. However, we mirror the Government’s hope that this sharp, short pain will curtail this new outbreak and that schools can reopen from Thursday.
We would encourage all sites to not have workers on site during these five days. It is extremely unclear at present what the situation will be from Thursday onwards. The experience from Western Australian and Queensland was that camps could resume within a short period following their respective lockdowns.
CVA is again with you in this and I am happy to field calls over the weekend if any clarification is needed. My mobile number is 0418 228 537.