Your Input Needed!
Our teachers are eager to find ways to learn along with parents and deepen our community. We hope for a variety of parent-teacher sessions to be a regular part of our school's life. Click below to share your interests and availability!
|Upcoming Events and Deadlines
VPA Girls' Soccer Advances to State Quarterfinals! Home Game February 3, 2:00!
- The Veritas Prep Varsity Girls Soccer Team has won the 3A Region 1 title and are now competing in the state playoffs for a chance to bring home a state championship! The girls defeated Thatcher High School (Ranked #14) 5-4 on Tuesday night and have now advanced to the Quarterfinals to be held on Saturday 2/3 at 2:00pm at the field at Veritas Prep. The opponent will be Yuma Catholic High School (Ranked #11) who soundly defeated highly ranked Anthem Prep 5-0 in first round action. So come out and support our Falcons! This will be the last home game for these girls on their road to the State Title.
- Admission for Saturday's games at Veritas is $10 for adults and $5 for students, kids under 5 get in free. These fees are tournament fees mandated by the Arizona Interscholastic Association.
Student Military Scholarship Q&A February 1
- On Thursday, February 1st, during lunch in Room 206, Lt. Luke O'Neill from West Point will be discussing ROTC programs. All high school students interested in learning more about these specialized military scholarship programs are encouraged to attend.
Student Poetry Contest: Due February 2
- Announcing the Academic Field Day Poetry Contest. All students are invited to submit a poem to your house leaders by Friday, February 2. Your poems should extoll the virtues of your House or laud the character and achievements of your House's namesake.
Academic Field Day Approaches: February 9, 12:30 Release
AzMERIT Sample Testing Starts February 12
- Click here for info, including dress code. Note, attendance is required as on any other school day.
- Starting the week of February 12, all 6th-11th-grade lit/comp and Humane Letters classes, and all 6th-10th-grade math classes will complete AzMERIT sample tests and practice testing procedures, in preparation for this spring's standardized testing. This will take place during the regular class periods for these courses.
- Families are encouraged to use the resources provided on the ADE's website linked here, and to bring any questions to their teachers as they work through this practice session.
8th-Grade Field Trip: MIM, February 20
Music teacher Mr. Coste is organizing a trip for all 8th-graders to the Musical Instrument Museum on February 20. Parent/guardian permission and registration due February 13. Contact Mr. Coste with questions. Click the link below for full information and registration.
Winter Formal: VPSO Thank-You
- The VPSO would like to thank all those who attended the high school winter formal, A Night in Valhalla. It was an event to remember! We would also like to thank all those faculty, student and parent volunteers who assisted in making this a spectacular event. It is through your time and dedication that we achieve success.Your student's attendance at VPSO- and school-sponsored events helps to guarantee their continuation and is crucial to building community spirit. Without your support, social events cannot happen, so we thank you!
Student Cell Phones
School Wish List
- Please note that cell phones should be kept on silent mode when on campus, inside lockers.
- We have updated our Wish List! Please check it out to see if there is a special item you would like to give to the school. We also have a Wish List for athletics. You can find the Veritas Prep Wish List HERE, and the Athletics Wish List HERE. All donations are tax deductible. Questions? Please contact Sarah Marbach at email@example.com
Sophomore Selected for AZ Regional Choir
Congratulations to sophomore Martin Ellison on auditioning and being selected to participate in the Arizona Music Educators Regional Choir! Out of over 100 tenors who auditioned, Martin scored 8th and will now participate in the regional festival on February 17th.
We love to recognize the good work our students do in the classroom and beyond. In future issues we will be featuring
- Student poems
- Student artwork
- Short essays
- Honors and recognitions
Teachers will be referring student poetry and artwork. If you would like to offer a submission, please send us a note here.
|Summer HS Science Opportunity
TGen's Bioscience Leadership Academy is a two-week bioscience program serving 20 Arizona high school students every summer. The intensive education and leadership program focuses on elevating students' understanding of the biosciences and precision medicine.
Career Exploration Workshop
Monday, February 5th, 2:45pm-4pm, Library
10th-12th grade students are invited to attend a Career Exploration workshop where they will take career assessments in our Naviance program and learn how to research careers of interest. Computers will be supplied.
If interested please sign up outside of Mr. Curley's office. Space is limited so sign up soon if you are interested.
The College Financial Planning Road Map
Wednesday, February 7th - 6pm - Lund
Open to Parents of 6th - 11th graders
Monica Felton, a College Planning Financial Professional and Certified Financial Planner will speak on the importance of early financial planning for college. Topics to be covered
The Financial Road Map
1. The Total Cost of College: Its not just tuition...
2. What Will College Cost You: Everyone will pay something for college. Understand the formulas used to determine how much you are expected to pay.
3. Financial Aid: What is it and how do you get it: How much are you eligible to receive.
4. College Planning is Financial Planning: Understand the impact of paying for
Please join us for an educational night to understand the roadmap to college financial planning. Early awareness and planning ensures success!
Jesuit Excellence College Fair
February 8th 2:40pm
Veritas Lunch Room
All High School students and parents invited to attend!
Jesuit Universities have long been known for their dedication to education, both intellectually and practically. In addition, many are very generous with merit scholarships. Attend this specialty college fair at Veritas to meet with College Representatives from the following universities.
- Creighton University
- Fairfield University
- Gonzaga University
- Loyola Marymount University
- Loyola University Chicago
- Loyola University Maryland
- Loyola University New Orleans
- Marquette University
- Regis University
- Saint Louis University
- Seattle University
- University of San Francisco
Barrett Summer Scholars
Tuesday, 2/13/17 - 2:45pm - Library
All 7/8/9 grade students and parents are invited, no registration required.
The Barrett Summer Scholars (BSS) program provides strong academic students with the opportunity to experience college firsthand and prepare for enrollment and success at Arizona State University and Barrett, the Honors College. Designed for academically-talented and motivated 7th, 8th, and 9th graders, this residential program invites students to live on campus, engage in college-level coursework, and participate in a community of peers from across the state.
Applications for the Barrett Summer Scholars program are open and the deadline is March 5, 2018. Please note you will need a teacher recommendation and transcript to apply.
Click HERE for the application for the Barrett Summer Scholars program.
|Night at the Auction
March 2, 2018
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch
Tickets are on sale NOW! Get your table of 10 guests together and purchase early before the ticket price increases!
Please donate wine for our auction by attending our "Wine Drop" party, hosted by Colleen Limpic and Meeghan Seoane!! G
rab a friend and come by our "Auction Wine Drop" Thursday, February 8th beginning at 6pm at the home of Veritas Prep parent Colleen Limpic. Bring a bottle, or two, or three of a value of $20+ that rate over 90 points as the wine will be packaged and sold at the Night of the Auction. Please RSVP HERE!
We are collecting donation items, please turn your donations into the school. Donation forms can be found HERE.
GIFT CARD DRIVE
Please donate gift cards to the auction. We are accepting gift cards for restaurants, dining, entertainment, airlines, and anything else you can think of. Please drop off your gift card at the front desk anytime January 22nd and February 9th.
If you file taxes in the state of Arizona-Take The Credit! There is still time to make your 2017 Tax Credit contribution to Veritas Prep. These funds are vital to our extra-curricular programs! We greatly appreciate your support. Please schedule your contribution