While this list may not necessarily be final or complete yet, these are the initial requirements OEL is planning when deciding whether to approve individual provider submissions for flexible programming:
Proposed flexible program must align with the School District's approved reopening plan and the options, if offered, for K-12 students. If the district's approved school reopening plan includes a flexible, innovative delivery option for K-12, VPK providers may offer a similar option for VPK. Broward’s plan envisioned instruction being entirely virtual for the beginning of the school year.
- Submission, certification and approval of required program assurances must be completed via EFS Mod for private providers or via OEL for public providers.
- Provider must identify VPK Flex classes via EFS Mod.
All flexible, innovative options must meet the existing statutory and regulatory requirements.
Submitted program assurances must address:
- Equal access to the learning and any required materials, including technology.
- Delivery of the program by qualified staff, including daily contact with the enrolled student and their family. VPK Flex program will not exceed a total of 270 hours prior to December 31. The provider must allow students attending the flexible, innovative program in Fall 2020 to return to the face-to-face delivery model after December 31, 2020, for the remainder of the school year program.
- Tracking of daily attendance of both students and staff and monitoring of student performance using the VPK Assessment.
- Alignment of tools used to VPK Standards and developmentally appropriate practice.
- A reminder to parents of the opportunity to withdraw and transfer to another VPK program if they choose.
- How systems in use are secure and will not allow for the release of protected student or staff information.
- Access to programs by ELC and OEL staff for monitoring purposes.
This list of assurances is NOT final. There may be additions. If there are, they will be included in any final rules and discussed on the webinars.