Grant Seeker Workshops: Public Art
The program is designed to encourage communities to engage artists in the planning, design and/or fabrication of public art in infrastructure projects and to encourage thinking beyond the ordinary as concepts for new buildings, roads, bridges, and other public spaces are developed.
Participants will learn about the application process, and will have time to brainstorm ideas for projects in their community. Sessions are led by Michele Bailey, senior program manager at the
Vermont Arts Council
. Anyone wanting to learn more about this grant program is encouraged to attend.
All workshops run 1:30-3 p.m.
Letters of intent to apply are due by December 10, 2018.
- September 24 | Vermont Veterans Home, Crisp Multipurpose Room, 325 North Street, Bennington
- September 25 | Hebard State Office Building, Conference Room, 100 Main Street, Newport
- September 26 | Barrette Center for the Arts, 74-76 Gates Street, White River Junction
- October 5 | Swanton Public Library, Kings Daughters' Room, 1 First Street
- October 9 | River Arts, 74 Pleasant Street, Morrisville
- October 24 | Brattleboro Music Center, 72 Blanche Moyse Way
- October 25 | Rutland Free Library, Fox Room, 10 Court Street
- October 26 | ECHO, Leahy Center for Lake Champlain, 1 College Street, Burlington
RSVP by sending your name, email address, phone number, and the session you plan to attend
by email to Meredith Bell
or by calling 802.828.3292.
All facilities are physically accessible for participants who use wheelchairs or other mobility aids, and those who prefer not to use stairs. We invite you to contact us with specific accommodations you need to facilitate your participation in the workshops. We will make every effort to honor your requests when they are made two weeks prior to the event.
Contact Michele Bailey, 504/ADA coordinator with any questions about access. She can be reached
by sending an email to Michele Bailey
or by calling 802.828.3294. Voice and relay calls welcome.