Valero’s Benicia Refinery distributed $550,000 to local charities from funds raised through the Valero Texas Open (VTO) and Valero Benefit for Children (BFC).
This year the tournament and associated events, including the BFC, generated a record breaking $22 million in net proceeds for charitable organizations across the country, including those in the Solano & Contra Costa area. The tournament is ranked #1 once again on the PGA TOUR in charitable fundraising.
“Right now, charity wins every round in Solano & Contra Costa County”, said Josh Tulino, Vice President and General Manager of the Valero Benicia Refinery. “We’re proud to partner with these agencies and work together to improve children’s lives in Solano & Contra Costa Counties.”
The 2022 Valero Benefit for Children local recipients are:
• Bay Area Crisis Nursery
• Benicia Unified School District
• Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Solano County
• Fighting Back Partnership
• Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano County
• Junior Achievement of Northern California
• Kyle Hyland Foundation for Teen Support– Benicia Teen Center
• Loma Vista Farms
• Play 4 All Park