Dear Redwood City Community Members,
Thank you to those of you who attended a previous last
Veterans Memorial Building/Senior Center-YMCA Project traffic workshop. Your participation and feedback are important to us. We will be hosting two more traffic workshops. Please join us to provide your feedback.
- Thursday, August 16, 6:00pm to 8:00pm, Veterans Memorial Building/Senior Center
- Thursday, September 27, 6:00pm to 8:00pm, Veterans Memorial Building/Senior Center
Over the first three workshops, BlueZones collaborated with neighbors, City staff and designers on establishing a "basket of tools" from which the community selected preferred intersection concepts. At the conclusion of the third workshop, participants had agreed in concept to the following:
- Vera and Valota - This intersection is a high priority for improvement, and the general consensus was to move toward implementing a traffic circle to improve overall traffic and pedestrian safety.
- Hudson and Madison - This intersection is a high priority for improvement, and the general consensus was to begin modifications to the existing intersection to improve overall traffic and pedestrian safety.
- Other intersections between and including Madison at Valota and Madison at Myrtle, are still in need of final "tool" selection (i.e., final intersection concept design).
Goals for the August Workshop
- Confirm intersection concepts for Vera/Valota and Hudson/Madison.
- Select intersection concepts for other intersections along Madison, between and including Valota and Myrtle.
Goals for the September Workshop
- Final designs presented for all intersections and gathering any final comment.
- If time and resources permit, we may mock-up an intersection or two to test the "concept design" in place.
We hope you can join us for these meetings. If you have any questions or would like to send us feedback about the project, email the project team at
Redwood City Parks, Recreation and Community Services
More Information and Resources