Governor Cooper's Announcement
Today, Governor Cooper signed an Executive Order to allow North Carolina to enter into Safer at Home Phase 3. This order will go into effect Friday, October 2nd at 5 p.m.
Here are the guidelines outlined in Phase 3:
- Large outdoor venues with seating greater than 10,000 can open at 7% occupancy
- Smaller outdoor venues can open at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100, whichever is less
- Indoor movie theaters and conference centers can open at 30% capacity, or 100, whichever is less
- Only outdoor bars can open at 30% capacity, or 100, whichever is less
- Outdoor amusement parks can open at 30% capacity
- Limits on mass gatherings remain at 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors
- The current alcohol sales curfew will be extended
The Executive Order to enter into Phase 3 of reopening businesses is set to expire on October 23rd. For more information, read the official Executive Order.