Dear Westlake Academy Community,
We would like to thank you for your patience as we navigate this rapidly changing time surrounding Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). In order to help keep our students and staff safe, Westlake Academy will follow the Tarrant County Health Department community mitigation strategies received this morning. As a result, the Westlake Academy campus will close from March 16 to March 27, 2020. This includes all extracurricular activities and school events. Staff will be coordinating a distance-learning plan for this time-period, and more information regarding this plan will be forthcoming.
We ask each of you to do your part to help prevent the spread of disease as recommended by Tarrant County Health Officials by limiting your attendance at social gatherings and events, including playdates and study groups. Please wash your hands regularly and practice social distancing of at least six feet between individuals. If you begin experiencing symptoms such as fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, please isolate yourself and seek medical attention.
Westlake Town Manager & Academy Superintendent
Please visit the following links for more in formation:
- Follow CDC guidelines and recommendations for travel at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/
- Please educate yourself on the symptoms and prevention of COVID-19
- Limit travel and unnecessary exposure to events with large crowds of people
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (>60%) if soap is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home while you have a fever or experience illness
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
More Coronavirus Resources/Web Links: