At today's press conference, Governor Hogan directed the following:
- colleges and universities maintain an "open campus."
- colleges and universities complete the semester instruction via distance learning.
- gatherings are limited to 10.
Considering these directives, WAU will be making the following updates:
- All courses for our Spring 2020 Semester will continue and be completed through distance learning; faculty will continue to communicate the specific teaching, learning and course requirements directly with their students. (Note: Attendance at their regular class time is required for all students through ZOOM or similar virtual methods. Each instructor will inform students of the selected method for delivery.)
- The Weis Memorial Library will be closed for the duration of the Spring 2020 Semester.
- On-Campus Computer Labs will remain open with a maximum number of 10 students per lab.
- Residence Hall students continue to have the option of residing on campus.
- Dining Hall Meal service will continue to be provided at regularly scheduled times via "carry-out" method.
- Commencement previously scheduled for May 10, will be rescheduled to a later date (TBD). Stay Tuned.
- Alumni Weekend previously scheduled for April 2-5, will be rescheduled to a later date. (TBD)
- All Athletic Facilities continue to be closed.
- The WAU Campus is closed to visitors and anyone, not a student, faculty, or staff member.
- All events previously scheduled for the WAU Spring 2020 semester have been canceled or rescheduled. If you have questions about specific events, please reach out to the appropriate department for that event. You may also reach out to the communications department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, continue to stay vigilant. Look for our email updates, and please abide by all social distance guidelines and preventative personal hygiene.
WAU plans to broadcast a live question and answer show with President Spence on Wednesday, March 25th. Please send in your questions now. We will try to get to as many answers as possible.