Out of an abundance of caution, and in accordance with Governor Hogan's mandates, WAU
(as aligned with all other Maryland Independent Colleges and Universities)
will be making the following changes effective at the close of business today.
- Supervisors are authorized to allow approved non-essential personnel to telework from home. Each authorized teleworking employee will need to complete a telework form, and obtain the appropriate signature. Each Vice President will ensure that the signed forms are returned to HR by close of business 3/24/20. Click here for the telework policy. Click here for the telework form and agreement.
- If employees are not eligible for telework; sick-time, vacation hours or leave without pay can be taken with supervisor approval.
- Men and Women's Residences will be restricted to students with an essential need to stay on campus. Permission to remain will be granted by the Office of Student Life. For those who do stay in campus housing, meals, and essential campus services will remain available on a limited basis.
- All classes will remain in the form of distance learning for the remainder of the semester.
- As specified previously, all campus events have been canceled or postponed. Information will be forthcoming in relation to commencement.
Please continue to follow all health and safety guidelines.
- Keep a 6 foot distance from everyone to prevent spread.
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more.
- Be mindful that your choices of where you go and how you interact may have negative consequences for many others.
Please continue to post your questions with the link below. We'll be answering them, as appropriate, as soon as possible.