The WAX is sending this email to all those who receive our regular communications. In order to streamline the mailing list, we are asking for only those women who are interested in receiving the WAX updates/newsletter to click on this link
and type your name and verify that this is the correct email address to receive future notices. Don't worry, we will still be publishing our events through the website/Shabbat Reminder and Bulletins. You do not have to be a member of the JCC to receive our emails.
WAX WELCOME LETTER
The Women's Auxiliary of the JCC of LBI (the "WAX") would like to extend an invitation to renew or initiate your WAX membership for the upcoming year. We are confident that joining us this year will enrich your religious experience... bringing you closer to our congregation, our community, to our collective spirituality and creating lifelong friendships. Your continued membership and support allows the WAX to provide financial and volunteer assistance to the JCC and our community. Dues are again $36. To join the Women's Auxiliary, please click on the link below: Women's Auxiliary Membership, print out the form and send to the addresses listed on the form.
Paraphrasing the Seder service, why is this summer different from all other summers?
This summer there will be no bazaars, there will be no in person Friday evening family dinners or Onegs, there will be no Wednesday afternoon Maj, there will be no schmoozing with your dear friends after Saturday morning services. Though we won't be meeting in person this summer, the WAX will continue to operate:
- In partnership with the JCC Board we made financial donations to the St. Francis Food Bank and to the LBI Township PBA for their hard work and dedication during these trying times.
The WAX also will continue to provide our membership with relevant and entertaining programs throughout the summer (and beyond if necessary). Here's what we have going on:
- On July 1, at 7:30 PM join us for our welcome back meeting. Acclaimed Women's issues author Susan Shapiro will lead a discussion on "The Secrets Women Keep and Why". This will be the first in a series of lectures brought to us by Ms. Shapiro. See attachment Ms. Shapiro for more details
- Our Honey from the Heart program is in full swing. Send your family, friends and colleagues a jar of honey with a personalized message this Rosh Hashanah. Hit the link Order Now for information. ORDER BY JULY 22 FOR FREE SHIPPING.
- In support of local business, Mystic Meat and Seafood in Ship Bottom has generously agreed to give WAX 5% on any individual orders. Be sure to let Renee or Phil (609-324-1194) know you are a member of the JCC and they will record your order. Curb side pick-up only. Check out their website at MYSTIC.
- Book club will continue this summer. Next discussion is on July 20, 2020 at 12:00 noon. We'll be discussing "One Hundred Philistine Foreskins" by Tova Reich.
Here's what's in the planning stages:
- Women's walking group and/or Pickleball group (socially distant of course).
- Rosh Chodesh program will be returning via Zoom
- Fashion show featuring WILDFLOWER ensembles in person and via Zoom
We welcome all ideas to make this summer a summer to remember (Via Zoom!!). Your continued membership and support allows the WAX to provide financial and volunteer assistance to the JCC and our community. We hope we are lucky enough to see each other in person very soon. Until then please support the WAX by attending our events (and of course by sending in your dues).
Executive board of the Women's Auxiliary of the JCC of LBI
Joanne Babbitt, Irene Babst, Diane Buskirk, Noralyn Carroll, Jill Denker, Suzy Geier