Dear Dance Families;
An email was sent late last week notifying you that the studio would be closed this week for an extended spring break due to the current COVID-19 virus situation. After further discussion with Valerie Jones from Darby's Dancers organization and our staff, it has been decided that all Darby's Dancers classes will be suspended for at least 30 days. At this time, we hope to resume their classes on Tuesday, April 14th and Saturday, April 18th at their regularly scheduled class times. We will reassess at that time to determine if it is safe for us to resume classes.
We have been in contact with our Recital venue. At this time we are unsure if any of these events will need to be postponed.
Our picture week at WDC was previously scheduled for April 3rd - 10th. At this time we are unsure if we will be able to hold pictures that week for any of our classes. However, we will not hold pictures for Darby's Dancers that week as originally planned due to Valerie's recommendation. We will keep you updated on the possibility that pictures will be able to be rescheduled later this spring.
What our families can do:
• Recital music for Darby's Dancers classes is posted on our website
- Teachers are working to record recital routine choreography early this week. Dance families will receive an email with a link to recorded routine videos later this week. This will be a great tool for dancers to be able to practice at home at this time.
• Dancers should practice and stretch.
• Reach out to a dance parent or friend and see how they are doing. Let’s be there for each other.
• Dancers can facetime each other and practice.
• Write a letter or color a picture for a dance friend or teacher.
• Make up a dance.
• WASH YOUR HANDS! Take care of yourself.
• Know that we are trying to navigate through this the best we can.
We care about all of you and want everyone to be safe and healthy. This will all pass. We're hoping sooner rather than later.
Kathy and Buffy