Dear Dance Families;
An email was sent late last week notifying you that the studio would be closed this week for an extended spring break due to the current COVID-19 virus situation. We made this decision before schools closed to help keep our dancers safe. Since that time, the governor has announced that schools will be closed through March 27th.
The CDC is currently recommending to suspend all non-essential gatherings. To us, dance class is essential. It’s a release, a chance to connect, create, laugh, find joy and so much more. However, safety and the health of our dance family supersedes all. Woodbury Dance Center is following the schools and will be closed with no classes through March 27th, as well.
Here’s the plan for WDC as of today:
• The studio will be closed through March 27th. We will reevaluate as a staff and come up with a plan from there.
• As stated in our December newsletter, there are two snow/cancellation days built into our yearly calendar for each class. There have been no needed cancellation days yet this year, with the exception of Friday evening (1/17) and Saturday (1/18), due to snow/weather.
- Friday evening and Saturday classes have one snow/cancellation day remaining which will be used this week on March 20th & 21st.
- Monday thru Thursday as well as Friday morning classes will use their snow/cancellation days for the weeks of March 16th-20th and March 23rd-27th.
• We will continue to practice the CDC and MDH recommendations to prevent the spread of this virus.
• We will continue to keep in touch with our staff and communicate all plans with our dance families as needed.
Tots Showcase & Recital:
We have been in contact with our Tots Showcase and Recital venues. At this time we are unsure if any of these events will need to be postponed.
What our families can do:
• Recital music for our recreational and Darby's Dancers classes is posted on our website
* Teachers are working to record recital routine choreography early this week. Dance families will receive an email with a link to recorded routine videos later this week. This will be a great tool for dancers to be able to practice at home at this time.
• Keep your eyes out for additional class material to be posted, as well.
• Dancers should practice and stretch.
• Reach out to a dance parent or friend and see how they are doing. Let’s be there for each other.
• Dancers can facetime each other and practice.
• Write a letter or color a picture for a dance friend or teacher.
• Make up a dance or write goals.
• WASH YOUR HANDS! Take care of yourself.
• Know that we are trying to navigate through this the best we can.
We care about all of you and want everyone to be safe and healthy. This will all pass. We're hoping sooner rather than later.
Kathy and Buffy