Empower yourself and take back your health and wellness! Are you ready to take charge of your health and wellness in the new year? Have you been told by a healthcare provider you have prediabetes? If so, many people with prediabetes who don’t change their lifestyle may develop type 2 diabetes within 5 years after being diagnosed.
Type 2 diabetes can lead to serious health issues such as:
· Heart attack
· Kidney failure
· Loss of toes, feet, or leg
Do you have risk factors?
· You are overweight
· You are 45 years of age or older
· Your parent or sibling has type 2 diabetes
· You are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
· You ever gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds
· You ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes)
WILC is excited to announce we will be offering new workshops for our Diabetes Prevention Program in the coming months. In this CDC recognized program you will learn valuable skills and information to address lifestyle changes that can help you take back control of your health and wellness!
If you or someone you know is interested in participating in the DPP Program, please contact Aimee Parks at 845-228-7457 ext. 1106 or by email email@example.com.